9 Replies Latest reply: Apr 6, 2009 9:07 PM by tjcnewyork RSS

Maui Hidden Delights

radgroup Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Can anyone recommend a Marriott property in Maui?

We have stayed in Wailea, stayed in Kapalua and in Kaanapali - Just curious if you have found a special place/experience when staying there while using rewards.

Also, Has anyone used points for the Villas at Maui Marriott? How did that work out? What number did you call to make reservations?

Thanks!

• Re: Maui Hidden Delights
    radgroup Platinum

UPDATE: Maui Marriott Wailea

New Infinity "Serenity" Pool... absolutely gorgeous!! The pool appears to spill right into the ocean. In addition, there is a mandate that no one under 18 can access the pool (ahhhh, serenity!)  

P.S. There are 3 other pools that can be accessed by the kids. 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

vrock420 Platinum

My wife and I stayed at the Marriott Wailea for 10 nights on points and it was wonderful.  Staff was extremely nice and helpful.  The ocean view was spectacular!  Suprisingly, the restaurant at the hotel was excellent as well.  I definitely recommend the Macadamia-crusted Tuna.  It was delicious!  And I'm not a fish eater!

Also, be sure to visit Vinny's Pizza in Lahaina for a slice.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

keithb Gold
    I am also trying to use my points at the vacation club in Maui. Please let me know how to do that? The reservation line told me they would not accept points even though the vacation clubs are listed on the rewards chart. Please help!!!

lesleyl Gold 1 Reviews
    We have read in one of the books that taxes are extra (were staying on points), can you tell me if this is so just for budgeting purposes.

nbanfield Platinum 1 Reviews
    I have stayed at Marriott properties on 4 different islands using points and never paid any taxes.  I have had to pay for parking, and a few properties now have extra "resort fees", but no taxes.

bevmc7877 Platinum 1 Reviews
    I have stayed on both Maui and Kauai using points and were not charged a single dime for taxes except on items that were purchased and charged to our room.  The rewards points took care of everything as far as the room was concerned.

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews
    No tax was paid by us in Hawaii!

sheilal Platinum
    Which would you recvommend and why Maui or Kauai?

tjcnewyork Platinum
    The resorts on Ka'anapali Beach on Maui's northwest tip overlook blue ocean waters framed by the islands of Molokai and Lanai.  Tranquil days and nights at the beach with unforgettable sunsets.  Dining options are convenient on site, by car in nearby Wailea to the south or at other resorts in Ka'anapli.  The beach is so stunning and restful you will want to spend all your time there.  The Vacation Club villas offer all the comforts of home.  There are activities to keep the kids occupied so you can enjoy. 

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...