5 Replies Latest reply: Oct 7, 2012 5:33 PM by kroywen RSS

Jensen Beach, FL    Courtyard or Marriott?

kroywen Gold 11 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Was wondering if anyone has stayed at either of these and which they would recommend.       I've rarely stayed at Courtyards, but have read some of your favorable comments.    Do they have Concierge Lounges for breakfast?

Any other suggestions for a good category 4  (or 5) in South Florida.   I spotted the Fairfield in Palm Beach, but am wary.     Either coast would be okay.    Thanks.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Jensen Beach, Florida, USA Courtyard By Marriott
  • Re: Jensen Beach, FL    Courtyard or Marriott?
    razorbackfan Alumni Steward Platinum 23 Reviews

kroywen, I don't know of any Courtyard that has a concierge lounge.  They also charge for breakfast unless your rate includes breakfast.  Hope other Insiders will have some suggestions for a cat 4 or 5 in south Florida.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

vaboywnder Alumni Steward Platinum 21 Reviews

kroywen,

I assume your are referring to the Hutchinson Island Marriott Beach Resort. I have not stayed at either property but just looked at the Marriott fact sheets for each.  The Marriott Hutchinson Island property does not list a concierge lounge but does have a restaurant in addition to two tiki bars and a second restaurant that is open near the golf course from Nov to April.  The Marriott Hutchinson Island property seems to have more resort amenities and also offers some Villas in addition to regular guest rooms.  I noticed the Courtyard has free parking  and the Marriott Hutchinson Island Property charges $10 a day for parking.

As far as other Cat 4/5 hotels in South Florida go I do recommend the Courtyard Fort Lauderdale Beach.  I stayed there once 3 years ago and it was very nice.  I was upgraded to an ocean front room and the property is in the heart of Fort Lauderdale.  Lots of restaurants and shops within walking distance.  My only dislike was the valet parking charge which is now $29 a day.  You may also consider the Residence Inn Pompano Beach (located on the beach)  and the Residence Inn Delray Beach (located a couple of blocks from the beach).  I've not stayed at either but both hotels are listed as category 5.

kroywen Gold 11 Reviews

Thanks for the info.     I am still deciding as I have quite a few 4 Catagory hotels that I would like to combine before I use my points to stay at a higher category resort in February.    I should be able to have a really nice 8-10 day vacation in South Blorida this coming winter.    

keywestbabe Platinum 11 Reviews

Kronywen,

Having stayed at the Jensen Beach Courtyard 3x last year, and 1x time this year, the oceanfront view from the room is breathtaking and relaxing. Although this particular property lacks a concierge lounge level; however, having access to a less crowned beach within feet from the hotel to me is positive trade-off. Plus, the staff there, from the front desk to the housekeeping, is super friendly. The rooms are nicely decorated; clean rooms and other great amenities give this property a small scale resort like feel.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...