2 Replies Latest reply: Oct 2, 2012 9:40 AM by tef6178 RSS

Renaissance Dupont Circle Washington DC

kroywen Gold 11 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Just completed a stay at the Renaissance Hotel in Washington DC.   It is  not located on Dupont Circle but several blocks away.  However the location is very central and convenient to restaurants and many DC sights.

I highly recommend this hotel -- the service is outstanding -- from the front desk to the concierge to the wait staff in the restaurant.   The manager has really done a great  job training staff to make guests feel welcome.

The design of the hotel is crisp, clean and modern.   The lobby,bar area, restaurant,&  fitness center are great.   I had read that the rooms were on the small size so we were prepared.   When we checked in, we must have been upgraded (I didn't request one as it was a short stay) for the room was quite large and well furnished.  We arrived on a Friday so I knew the CL would be closed.    I half-jokingly asked if they "could do something" about breakfast.     With a smile, he handed me chits for buffet breakfasts in the restaurant!    That's what I consider a Marriott/Renaissance Reward.

As the hotel is situated right in the heart of the DC hub, parking is expensive ($35+/night).    However the great location makes the tradeoff worthwhile.    We would definitely stay here again.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Washington, D.C., USA
  • Re: Renaissance Dupont Circle Washington DC
    erc Platinum

Yes, a nice property (walking distance to Kennedy Center on a nice day/evening). Like several DC properties, excellent off-peak rates Thanksgiving weekend and during various days in December. Unlike most other properties, their Close to Home Holiday Promotion ($99) can be cancelled - so book it now and decide later. On a side note; you're welcome for the DC hospitality, whenever they have a Florida 'local' special you have to show Fl. residency, the Ren's offer is open to all. We're in a celebratory mood over our Nationals !

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Renaissance Dupont Circle Washington DC
    tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews

Thanks for this good report. We are making a trip to the DC area (hopefully in Dec) and will have to put this property in the running as the one to stay at.

Thanks.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...