11 Replies Latest reply: Oct 16, 2012 7:11 PM by californian RSS

Marriott Hotel Restaurant & Rewards?

faithcampbell Gold
Currently Being Moderated

Hi All,

I am going to an event at the Hartford Marriott Downtown and afterwards some friends and I will be catching up in the restaurant downstairs.  The restaurant is listed on the hotel fact sheet with a link.  If I use my Marriott credit card for food and drink there, do I get any additional reward points for being at the Marriott restaurant or is it treated just like any other restaurant?

Thank you!

-Faith

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Marriott Hotel Restaurant & Rewards?
    nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

You might consider just charging the restaurant bill to your room and then paying meals and lodging with the Marriott credit card.  That way you get points for stay, other spending, and additional points for using the card.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

vaboywnder Alumni Steward Platinum 21 Reviews

nuhusker,

That's good advice.  In most cases you would get the extra points on from your Marriott Credit Card when you use it at a Marriott restaurant but charging it to your room is a definite guarantee.

californian Platinum 37 Reviews

If I read this right, you are not staying at the hotel but just eating there, if this is the case, you do not get points except if you use your Marriott cc.  You would get cc points for a Marriott purchase.  Other than those for using a cc, Marriott only gives points if they are charged to your room.

nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

I think you're right californian.  I misread and thought they were actually staying at the Hartford Marriott, not just eating there.

chrisf Alumni Steward Platinum 20 Reviews

I have experience of this too Californian ... I was staying at one Marriott in Munch and we wanted a Sunday Brunch ... our hotel didn't do one but the other Marriott one block away did.  Our hotel arranged the booking but we could not, of course, charge it to our room.  We tried every possible way of paying getting 'true' MR points but, as you state, only managed CC points.

Starwood gives points for spending even if not staying there.  If people are not familiar with Marriott, they might assume the same.

Chris,

I have had similar situations and it is frustrating.  You are staying at A Marriott and while there go to another and can't do a room charge.

faithcampbell Gold

Yes, I should have specified.  I am not staying at the hotel, only attending an event with an informal get together in the hotel's restaurant/bar afterwards.  I just wanted to see if when I used my Marriott CC if I would get the points for a Marrriott purchase instead of a regular purchase.  So I believe this is the correct response.

Thank you!.

Faith

Yes, you are correct ... if it is a Marriott property, we get 'Marriott purchase points' rather than 'non-Marriott purchase points' ... here in the UK it equates to double points.

pusher Platinum 3 Reviews

We have stayed at two mar riot timeshare condo recently and went over to the attached JW's for dinner and drinks - Highly recommend the Bars with Sushi at both the Desert Springs and JW Indian Wells  but I digress- . We were able to charge the bills to our Condo but did not see any points for those room charges on our MR account.  They were both very nice and got a 500 points for being Plat.  Should I ask for those points?

No harm in asking, pusher.  However, it seems rare that anyone gets credited for food etc. at a hotel when you are not resident.

You don't get credited for the fool but if you use your Marriott card, you get 5 pts/$

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...