4 Replies Latest reply: Sep 29, 2012 10:47 PM by GemPrincess RSS

Tips for a better Marriott experience

nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Recently in a post I mentioned that I used the "my dates are flexible" feature to help me make sure I was getting the best rate for the duration of my stay.  This isn't a new feature, but a fairly recent one, nonetheless.  With all the changes to Insiders over the years, this is definitely one for the better.  I remember a formerly active Insider, tjcnewyork, used to share his secrets for success in obtaining the exact lodging he wanted whether it was a corner room, suite, or even a particular room number.  tjc actively engaged the hotel front desk manager and even the GM to announce his upcoming stay, and essentially developed a relationship which carried over upon his arrival.  I've done this only a couple of times, but in both cases it paid off to my favor.

Insiders:  Are there other tips that you have which enhance your Marriott experience and might otherwise do the same for other Insiders?  I'd like to hear about them, and suspect others would too.  Thanks for the info!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Tips for a better Marriott experience
    californian Platinum 37 Reviews

Thanks Nuhusker.  We are all looking for ways to save.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

NU,

That's a great question!

One thing that I tend to do that really seems to work, and I know it's "Old Fashion", but literally go to the room and look at it prior to taking all the luggage to the room.  So ofter I have found the room not to be of my liking, (I am not a difficult guy, you know me!), but so often there is no bathtub, or? that I don't like.

If you "Nip an unsatisfactory room prior to really getting into it", you are off to a better stay!

californian Platinum 37 Reviews

Well Jerry,

I have done the same in many cases and just when I decide not to do it, is often when I wish I had.  For example: request a king bed and the room has 2 doubles.  This is on my mind because it was recent.

GemPrincess Alumni Steward Platinum 17 Reviews

A great example of how we can learn from fellow MI, and helping others out.

I use the online reservations frequently and have never even noticed this feature until you pointed it out.

Have been doing things the hardway knowing what the problem was but not knowing any better mechanics to get around it, till you pointed this out.

It appears others have been struggling more with it, feeling disappointed by not being able to find the rate they wanted for a trip, or worse, thinking that Marriott was purposely misleading customers.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...