1 Reply Latest reply: Sep 27, 2012 11:15 AM by taxman415 RSS

What Constitutes Marriott VISA Credit Card Spend on Monthly Statement?

iamzeke610 Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I'm trying to get clarification of what expenditures are used by Marriott to determine the number of "bonus nights" from the Marriott VISA credit card.  On my monthly Activity Statement on-line from Marriott, it lists 3 types of "Spend" categories:  "Non-Marriott Spend";  "Air/Car/Dine Spend"; and "Marriott Spend".  Assuming I use my Marriott VISA credit card for all of these expenditures during the month, would I add all of these together and then divide by 3000 to calculate my "bonus nights" for the month?   I can't get a definitive answer from Salt Lake City.  Hopefully either some Platinum dude or dudess or the Community Manager can clarify exactly what is used to calculate "bonus nights".  Thank you.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: What Constitutes Marriott VISA Credit Card Spend on Monthly Statement?
    taxman415 Platinum
    Currently Being Moderated

The three types of spend categories for only the allocation of Marriott points (i.e. Marriott spend - 5x, airlines/car rentals/restaurants - 2x, all others - 1x)... Far as the elite credit night you just need to the total amount of dollars spent (regardless of the category) to see if you hit the magic $3,000 threshold for the award... Hope this helps...

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...