8 Replies Latest reply: Oct 8, 2012 9:03 AM by GemPrincess RSS

New York Marriott Marquis- Will platinum get you at least upgrade to a times square view room when booked with points?

bhamous Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

My wife and I are celebrating our anniversary in NYC for a long weekend and are staying at the Marriott Marquis. I dropped 120k points for 3 nights, and of course you can only select a standard room, regardless of how many points you use ( so much for all the advertisement about points for upgrades i see lately). I have been platinum for the last few years and currently have 206 nights this year (includes roll overs, promotions, etc.)

Question: Will they at least give me a Times Square View room?

I heard it is difficult to get upgrades, but I will be very disappointed without a least a Times Square room. This is only our second trip to NY, and we are still interested in being in the middle of the action.

The platinum line could not change it on their end, and said wait till checkin. They did put the "request in", and I noted it under special instructions on my online reservation.

What's my odds?

Thanks

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...