6 Replies Latest reply: Oct 12, 2012 5:15 PM by missy8445 RSS

Nashville: Renaissance or Union Station Autograph?

mhoelscher Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I'm booking a room using points for me and a few friends to go back to Nashville for homecoming and the Renaissance and Union Square Autograph Collection are close enough to call it even. Renaissance is in a great downtown location but Union Station is between campus and downtown, and both look like pretty enticing properties. Anyone have a preference between the two or particular experience at either?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Nashville, Tennessee, USA Renaissance Hotels Renaissance Nashville Hotel
  • Re: Nashville: Renaissance or Union Station Autograph?
    jasman Gold 5 Reviews

I have stayed at the Renaissance many times and have attended meetings and had dinner and drinks at Union Square. Union Square is really pretty and I enjoyed it but the Ren gets my nod. The location is gatif you are going out.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

jasman,

Would agree with you.  The Ren. is a special place for a group of people to visit together.  Take the group on a walk to Broadway and enjoy the music.

tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews

mh:

This might be a 'tiebreaker' for you over that 'close enough to call it even' deal....

Check to see if the Autograph has a Concierge Lounge and if they offer a free breakfast for your Platinum status. I have seen posts where some of them (quite a few of them) don't. That's a deal breaker for me. I'll take the Ren anytime for the CL and Breakfast....anyway, just a suggestion.

sdbroker Platinum

Stayed at the Renaissance for 3 nights a couple months ago.  Perfect if you want the downtown life, it's only about 2 blocks away.  Only suggestion is to get a lower floor room, the 6 elevators can leave you stranded on the top floor for quite a while.

mhoelscher Platinum

Thanks for the tips all.. still undecided, Renn location is wonderful, but Union Station is also halfway between campus and Broadway, so also rather nice.

missy8445 Platinum

Are you going to be driving? If you are the Union has $25 parking I believe, but the Renaissance has a parking garage right across that street that is only $8 a day. Plus at the Rennaisance your literally 2 blocks away from downtown. The last time I stayed there the the hotel split the elevators so each went to a specific block of floors, so you don't wait as long.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...