This discussion is locked
Archived Content:

This content may no longer be relevant and is available for reference only. Visit Archive FAQs for more details.

30 Replies Latest reply: Oct 2, 2012 11:32 AM by NathalieF Branched from an earlier discussion. RSS

Participation activity

lone6star Platinum 3 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I still have a counter problem.  it is higher than last week, but in the last few minutes, I have provided several comments, and the counter is not moving up.  Help!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Participation activity
    NathalieF Community Manager Marriott Associate

Hi lone6star, I've also noticed this and have opened a ticket to investigate and resolve quickly. I'll keep you posted!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

californian Platinum 37 Reviews

You managed to become a Rock Star even with a faulty meter.  You have been a valuable contributor.

Not so fast.  I just checked and I am at 796.  Also did a refresh of the page---still 796!!  NathalieF

So it is still not working.  When I posted his error earlier tonight it was at 794, and I know I responded a lot more than twice.  how do you know that I am a Rock Star---what screen were you looking at?

lone6star  achieved a new participation meter: Rock Star Rock Star

Maybe there is a counter and the one printed is not the same.

Well now I am at 799, which i think is wrong---should be much higher.  So i posted 2 more comments, wnet back to my profile and refreshed the screen.  It still shows 799.  Maybe it  knos that I am really NOT a Rock Star, so it is preventing me from obtaining this status!

Another good laugh.  Let's assume that when they get fixed they will have all the pts earned.

So a pseudo / hidden counter?

The count that I see is definitely wrong for mine still.  Since you were taken to a level that the counter did not show that you earned, there must be a real counter and it is not properly displayed.  Let's hope that I am right and the count is being kept track of.

shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

so, the race for points is on....................

nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

I'm afraid you're right, shoeman. 

Ok, so i just logged in after a few days without logging in.  Checked my profile count, and I was still at 799.  Now I just posted 3 more comments on different discussions.  I then went back and checked my counter---still at 799.  I refreshed the screen---still at 799..

I guess MRI does not want me to advance to the next level!  Maybe it was something I said?!!!

Andy has been looking at your situation and saw that you did advance by what I showed.  Mine is not counting properly either.  I have no idea when this started but it is not good.  Maybe they want some of us to stand still so others can catch up?

That's a good one, but they should do it to the people who are the top level, not at the third level!

maybe they are promoting the idea many of us have that posting for points causes way too many irrelevant posts.....................

when i first logged into the site, I suggested that only postings of discussions should count toward the counter, not the responses. 

Another thought, count the times a person logs in.  Starts a discussion or question would be good but answers are good too.  In many cases some really work to supply information to people including links to where the info can be found.  Some of these answers and information are what I would consider above and beyond.  Or maybe, one point per thread.  If you continue down the line, how is a computer to be programmed to only count certain posts?

I think if a person is striving to get points, they will continue to play the game to get them.

agreed, and there seems to be several doing just that.  just look at the folks that have added hundreds and hundreds of posts in the past few weeks. 

Since I have been looking at the participation, I can not easily find what others are doing unless I am looking for a specific Insider.  Is that what you do?

What do you suggest as a change?

cali

no, I really don't.  just simple observation.

I just logged on, and am now moved up to a Rock Star.  Unsure if the number of posts are accurate, but that does not bother me.

I have some additional details lone6star, jasper100 and others that have noticed the difference in behavior with earning participation credits... the short answer is the participation meter is working as expected but participation credits have been reconfigured since the introduction of the new badges. Instead of earning a participation credit for each and every reply to a discussion, you'll now earn participation credit based upon replies to questions and for having your answers marked as helpful or correct. It is a change we should have surfaced so the system wouldn't have appeared broken, but the change is at least a tiny step towards recognizing quality content and contributors instead of only overall participation. Hope that helps.

What about brand new postings of Questions, do these count toward you partiicipation credits?

This would be a good discussion of what makes a post countable.  It seems to me that a review of a hotel or vacation pictures should be worth a point!

Ya hoo!  And, I am totally ok with not receiving any points for this post..................

tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews

Oh for the good old days of posts when 'points' didn't matter to anyone..........and we didn't even notice them........and our discussions were about travel adventures, hints, issues and advice.......

Thanks everyone, we'll close this thread now that there's clarification on the issue and on to travel and destinations conversations =)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...