11 Replies Latest reply: Sep 26, 2012 7:28 PM by GemPrincess RSS

Platinum Hotline Comes Thru (AGAIN)!

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Today, Jim, At The Platinum Hotline "Made My Day"!

After I failed to correctly make a hotel reservation at The Fallsview Marriott next week at Niagara Falls, Jim called the hotel directly and got my last night booked.  That can be very tricky, you can either get charged a whole lot more for changing a reservation or have to move to another room.  In my case, same rate, same room! 

Having taken some good advice from other MI's I really wanted a special room and I got it.

Thank-you Jim (In Omaha)!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Platinum Hotline Comes Thru (AGAIN)!
    nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

jerrycoin, I'm going to take a chance and say I bet Jim in Omaha is a Husker fan!  And I agree, I've spoken to him before and he does a great job!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

NU,

You know I have always loved Omaha and especially that Hot Line.  It has saved me on many a trip!

By the way, I do not know, nor did ask, Jim's last name, but he was "Soft Spoken" and helped me a lot. 

Since you know Omaha, I started traveling their in 1971 doing business with Pamida and had great times.  There was a hotel called New Tower at 72nd and Dodge and I would stay there every other week for a few days.  Remember the famous steakhouse "Ross's"?  What a place for great steaks. 

NU,  working on a trip back to Burlington, by the end of the year and plan on getting together.  I cannot for the life of me, find my photo's from the last trip and am going to take/publish more.  There are a couple of great places to dine down on the river, by the bridge.  We may just have to have something to wet our "Parched Midwestern throats"

nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

Ross's steakhouse is still there as far as I know, along with Mr. C's, and possibly Caniglia's too.  And don't forget Johnny's!  Not too many Pamida stores left out here now.  Most were in very small towns, but have gone by way of the buffalo now.  One of the restaurants in Burlington you may be thinking of is Big Muddy's, right on the river.

NU,

Johnny's has been around for a while, and I had forgotten it.  Nice place.

Big Muddy's is right under the bridge and I like that place.  There is a beautiful place that sits on the hill coming up from the river.  It is very upscale in an old building.  It was somewhat expensive, but worth the view.  I have another place we can visit downtown, Italian, but I cannot remember it's name, (Nor can I locate all the pictures I took of Burlington).

You are making me hungry!  Am staying this week at the FF in Fenton, Mo, so I will have to go out to dinner soon!

californian Platinum 37 Reviews

I like the good posts.  We all too often only report the bad.  I am glad you got your room.  I really enjoyed my time there and am sure that you will.

When I was making my reservation, I made it for a deluxe falls view room because I didn't want to chance not getting an upgrade.  Did reserve a view room too?

californinan,

Thanks for your input!

Yes, I got a Fallsview, and I could not take a chance on an upgrade, on a four night stay so I am paying.  The price was a little more than $200/night, but it has a fireplace and really sounds nice. 

When I first called Jim, they only had smaller rooms and Jim called and they extended my stay in the same room at the same price.  They didn't have to do that, but my only other choice was to pay 500 for that last night.

All's well now, I just hope the weather is cooperative.

californian Platinum 37 Reviews

Smart move.  I guess going off season has it's merits.  When I was there I was given a breakfast coupon for the weekend.  I was treated really well and have good memories.  All this makes me think about going back.

painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews

JC.....you pulled off your sound educated magic once again. Well done, sir!!

PP,

I am not so sure!

Most of the mistakes all of us make are due to poor planning.  Thank to The MI "Upcoming reservation review" It saved me!  I would have never caught that mistake until I got to the hotel. 

It is always difficult correcting things when arriving late on Sunday nights after driving multiple hours!

laurac Marriott Associate

Greetings jerrycoin, On behalf of behalf of Marriott associates around the world, we take pride in providing exceptional service for each and every guest and we appreciate you taking the time to nominate a Marriott associate for this important award. We’ll enter this nomination for consideration of the Spirit to Serve award.

Best,

Laura & The Marriott Rewards Insiders Team

GemPrincess Alumni Steward Platinum 17 Reviews

JC,

Agreed!

Platinum Support line is awesome!

They always take great care of us!

How about a team award for service!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...