1 Reply Latest reply: Sep 24, 2008 1:59 AM by boomer RSS

NYC

bstover Platinum
Currently Being Moderated
New York City is an amazing place.  The atmosphere is awesome.  There are so many great places to eat or be entertained.  St. Andrew's has excellent food at a reasonable price. It is just off of Time's Square, but once inside you would never know it.  The shopping is pretty good as well.  There are downsides of course.  At night the smell of garbage on the street is horrific.  The hotel rooms are insanely expensive and tiny.  For $300 to $400 a night you get a broom closet in disrepair.  Even off of Manhattan the rooms are pretty expensive.  The Fairfield Inn on College Point in Flushing is a good deal and close to LGA.  The Fairfield at JFK is nice but in a rough neighborhood.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: NYC
    boomer Platinum
    Currently Being Moderated
    I used points this summer and stayed for 2 weekend nights with the family at the Marriott Marquis while passing through the area.  I was treated like royalty.  Not only was the elite line open (there were 25-30 people in the normal line0 but they upgraded us to a Times Square view (35th floor). We were looking right out at the ball drop location.  I can only imagine what that room would go fo on New Years Eve.  Service was outstanding!  Only downsides is the $55 a night to park but the location is smack in the middle of Midtown.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...