8 Replies Latest reply: Sep 22, 2012 1:45 AM by californian RSS

Marriott Rewards Credit Card

soccertom Member
Currently Being Moderated

My wife wants to get the Marriott Rewards CC.  Does anyone have opinions on whether or not this is a good CC?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Marriott Rewards Credit Card
    kndelta Member 7 Reviews

We have had it for years and love earning the Marriott points!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

taxman415 Platinum

Great card for accumlating points and elite nights...  I would pay the extra money and get the black card as it has many great extras.... But if you do not intend to pay the balance off each month then I would say no since the APR is high... Hope this helps...

pluto77 Alumni Steward Platinum 25 Reviews

Hi Soccertom,

I concur with other members here.  It's a great way to earn Marriott Reward points, especially if you are a frequent stayer at Marriott properties, because you receive 5 pts./dollar spent on Marriott purchases (add to that the 10 pts./dollar that you get for Marriott spends, and you will be on your way to earning beaucoup Marriott points which you can redeem for some memorable stays at many memorable properties).  You also get a good start up boost, with 50K MR points, and I believe they are offering 2 cat. 1-4 free night certificates right now.  Then you earn one free night (at a cat. 1-5 hotel) every year on your anniversary if you take the Visa Premier card (annual fee of $85, but well worth it, depending on where you use your free night certificate, so you never lose money on the deal - unless like taxman says, you have to carry a balance.)  I would suggest try it for one year and see if it pays off for you.  That's what I am presently doing with the Delta Amex Card: trying it for one year, and will evaluate it's continuance prior to next year's annual fee date.  But as a Marriott loyalty customer, the Marriott Visa has paid me terrific dividends.

Here's the link for more info:

Marriott Rewards® Credit Card from Chase

tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews

I have had the MRCC for years and it has been a great card to carry because of the extras it brings that others have mentioned. Get the best deal you can when opening the account as their deals for new customers are really good as pluto mentioned.

We use the card a lot and the elite night credit received for each $3000 spent is a nice extra perk.....whether you are...or aren't... using the nights to get to a higher elite level.

The Marriott Rewards points add up really fast when you combine them with the points received for stays. We have been very happy with the card and have had it since the Chase relationship with Marriott started....and I have no idea how long ago that was....but it was a l-o-n-g time ago.

jasper100 Alumni Steward Platinum 10 Reviews

You cannot go wrong with a Marriott Rewards credit card!!!

painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews

If you're looking for a card that will deliver hotel type bonus'....this is a great card. If you stay at Marriott properties a lot, you'll add lots of points to your account. If you don't stay very often, it's still good. Chase deposits 15 nights toward status each year..ie. Silver, Gold, or Platinum. You're a Silver Elite member with 10 nights, so the card gives you Silver from day 1. The sign on point bonus..usually at least 50,000 and I've heard as high as 70,000, is enough for a nice multi-night stay at many great properties.

I travel and stay at Marriotts quite often (130 plus nights/yr) for business and pleasure. This card added  over 70,000 points in 2011 and projects for 85,000 in 2012. That's a lot of points.

My daughter travels for pleasure 10-15 nights per year and business less than 5 per yr. She has the card and is up to 92,000 points in her first 12 months. She's saving for a trip to Europe. Just 10,000-30,000 more and she'll have her goal. Since she now concentrates on Marriott properties for her stays, she's also scored a couple of free nights through various bonus offerings.  Chase just deposited her annual free night stay last week. She's pumped up looking for places to cash in this freebie.

As others have said.....please pay this card and any other credit card off each month...the interest is a killer.

lone6star Platinum 3 Reviews

I won't repeat what others here hav already replied on, but I just upgraded last year to this Premier (black) card form the silver card.  Besides the benefiits listed above, you also 2 points per dollar spent on restaurants, and i beleive 3 points per dollar spent on travel (air, rental cars).  Also, for every $3,000 dollars you spend, you get an additional night credit towards your overall nights.

It's a great card!

californian Platinum 37 Reviews

I like the card.  I am not sure if the promo is still on but if a card holder refers her, so if you already have the card,  you get some pts.  I assume that you don't have it or you would not be asking for opinions.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...