6 Replies Latest reply: Sep 21, 2012 1:57 PM by pluto77 RSS

How long for the points to show up under my account?

scanham Member
Currently Being Moderated

We had a wedding for our daughter at a Renaissance Resort and they said the submitted the Marriott reward points to our account.  Our bill was around $25,000 but they said we get the maximum allowed 50,000 points.  Is that right?  How long should it take to show up on my account?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: How long for the points to show up under my account?
    pluto77 Alumni Steward Gold 25 Reviews

Hi Scanham,

A $25K bill would represent 250,000 MR points to my mind (10 pts./dollar).  The 50K points would perhaps be your event (wedding) bonus points.  Then there would also be an additional 3 or 5 pts./dollar if you put the spend on your Chase Marriott Rewards Visa signature or premiere card.

You must be referring to the 50K event bonus points.  I do not believe it should take very long at all (less than two weeks, certainly) to post the bonus points or the 10 pts/dollar for your total spend at the Marriott property.  Sometimes the postings for the credit card points can take up to 6 weeks.

I hope others who have had events in the past will weigh in here for you.  Thank you for posting your question, and welcome to the Marriott Rewards Insiders forum.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews

Was the event billed to your room folio or was it done on a separate account? If the room folio, the points should show within a day or two after the room folio has been cleared and the nights for the stay show up on your 'activity page' on marriott.com. If it was a separate folio, I would give it a couple of weeks before contacting customer service. Did you make sure that your Marriott rewards number showed on all billing?

scanham Member 8 Reviews

The wedding charges were on a seperate invoice. I talked to the sales manager at the hotel and she said she put in for our points, but that has been about a week.  I will wait a week or so before I contact customer service.  Thanks!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...