7 Replies Latest reply: Sep 19, 2012 12:32 PM by NathalieF RSS

Rewards taken away - Mistake

mvihun Member
Currently Being Moderated

Back in July, I booked a 2 day hotel stay worth roughly 30,000 points.  We had to cancel the trip due to a death in the family.(My wife's grandmother passed away).  According to my account, the 30,000 points were deducted from the account anyway.  We never went to Long Island, NY.  We also gave the hotel plenty of notice in cancelling the rooms.   Can you please take a look at my account and adjust the points accordingly?

Matthew

Message was edited by: communitymanager to remove your personal information

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Rewards taken away - Mistake
    californian Platinum 37 Reviews

mvihun,

I am sorry that you had this happen but I think you need to contact customer service where they can help you.  You probably don't want your personal info on this site since you can't be sure who is looking at it.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews

NathalieF...... may want to help this fellow and wipe out his personal info.

How do you flag the Community Manager?

tryt53 Alumni Steward Platinum 5 Reviews

californian,

When you want to tag someone specifically, like the community manager or michelle, you just type a "@" sign and then start typing the id (with no spaces between the "@" and "communitymanager") and soon it will narrow it down so you can select the person you are really trying to tag.  For example it would look like "@ communitymanager", but with no space.  If I take out the space, the text gets replaced with a blue tag that sends a note to the person you are trying to tag, when you make the post.  Hope this helps.

Thanks.  The problem has been taken care of.  I am still learning.

pluto77 Alumni Steward Gold 25 Reviews

Hi Matthew,

Thanks for taking the time to post, and welcome to the Marriott Rewards Insiders forum.  This is a forum that has been established for the use of Marriott Rewards customers to collaborate with one another regarding the Marriott brands, Marriott Rewards as well as general travel related topics, and while it is monitored by Marriott, it is not a venue for direct communication between Marriott customers and Marriott customer support.  You will be best served by contacting Marriott Customer Support at 1 801 468 4000 (8:15am - 9:00pm, Monday - Friday, US Eastern time).

I hope they can help you get your points back, especially as a number of weeks have passed since your cancellation.  From experience, the more time that passes between an event and the follow up, the more difficult it can sometimes be to have the issue corrected.  Whenver I have to cancel a points stay or a certificate stay, I always follow up with Marriott Customer Service to ensure that my account has been 'credited,' and check my account at Marriott Rewards online to ensure the process completes properly and timely.

Give customer support a call, and let us know how it turns out for you.  Best of luck.

NathalieF Community Manager Marriott Associate

Customer Care has informed me that your points should now be posted back to your account (give or take some time for them to appear online).

Safe travels mvihun and welcome to the community!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...