10 Replies Latest reply: Aug 7, 2008 1:08 AM by mikepio RSS

Orlando in May

missourimomof3 Silver
Currently Being Moderated

We are going to Orlando in May and are using points to stay.  Can anyone tell us the difference between the Grand Vista (where we currently have a reservation) and the other vacation properties Marriott has in Orlando?  Our daughter is 6 and we want to make sure it's kid friendly and fun as well! 

• Re: Orlando in May
    vacationlover1 Platinum
    We go to Disney every year and we have used Marriott points almost every time. My kids are now 9 and 12 and still love to go.  The last time we went, we stayed at Grande Lakes in November.  We really loved this hotel.  They have a great pool (even a lazy river).   They also had different activities for kids by the pool.  It is a little further from Disney than the other hotels we have stayed at - it is close to Sea World.  We have stayed twice at the World Resort.  We have enjoyed this one too.  We love the pool.  This one is a little less family friendly since it is a convention center too.  We have stayed at all of the hotels in the Orlando Lake Beuena Vista in the Marriott Village.  They are all great if you do not plan to stay in the room often.  We enjoy the courtyard the best.  But these are definitely not as beautiful as the full service Marriotts.  Definitely great if you are only staying a few days.  But be sure to check  - these hotels go faster so sometimes you can stay at the nicer Marriotts for less points!  I have never stayed at the Grand Vista, however, I have a few friends that have time shares there and they love it. 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

irish4 Gold

We own at the Grande Vista and love it!  It is one of the most kid friendly resorts around.  Our children our 8 and 5 and we usually travel with family or friends with children around the same age or younger.

They have a seperate kids  MAZE area that has a climbing structure with slides, obstacles, for the younger kids there used to be a ball pit (not sure if they upgraded that area or not).  They do many activities from that room like birthday parties and ice cream socials etc.

The MAZE (I think it stands for Marriott Activity Zone Experience) has a 4 - 6 page program that they give you on arrival of all the activities that take place while you are their most of them for kids and many for free.  The pools and water fountain play area kids love.  One pool has water canons and special water play activites.  We have also been there when they have rented large blow up water slides and placed them on the beach for the kids to enjoy (with a MAZE councelor).  They also have fishing, paddle boats, bikes, sports equipment.  You name it they have thought of it.

My kids would be happy hanging out at the resort for the entire week never seeing the park there is so much to do.  I have seen and stayed at many of the Marriott Villas in that area and this is our favorite for kids.  If you can request to stay out back by the water canon pool or near the main building and market place your kids will be close to all the action.  Have a fantastic time.

Also if you have never been to the area I swear by the book the Unoffical Guide to Disney World - I buy an updated copy every few years because it also covers other local venues and their suggestions work.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

maineman Platinum 1 Reviews
    Grande Vista is nice but for the younger kids, like your six year old, the Horizons is great. It has a pirate ship in the shallow end of one pool which my six year old romped on for hours. There is also a water park and a nice water slide just high enough to be challenging for a youngster but not too scary. They also have a lot of activities in the daytime and the evening to allow you to relax and let them entertain the kids. I like Grande Vista better from an adult viewpoint but my six year old likes Horizons more. She's active and it really wears her out, especially on those days we don't want to do the parks.

pluto2 Gold

You have made an excellent choice. Also a good choice would be the Horizon also Marriott right around the corner about a mile.

The activities at the Grand Vista are good but the resort it self is a little more geared toward the older and people that love to golf. 

pluto2 Gold

You have made an excellent choice. Also a good choice would be the Horizon also Marriott right around the corner about a mile.

The activities at the Grand Vista are good but the resort it self is a little more geared toward the older and people that love to golf.

If you have any other area questions give me a call 352 243 2156

I live in the area and have been a member since 1986 

pluto2 Gold

If you have any other area questions give me a call 352 243 2156 Gloria

I live in the area and have been a member since 1986 Marriott Vacation Club

mikieg Platinum
    In my opinion the Grande Vista is the best of all the Marriott Vacation properties in Orlando. Although the complex is very large, it’s the newest of all the properties. I have stayed at all of the Vacation Clubs in Orlando and this is my favorite. It has several large pools, a golf course and paddle boats. The only thing I don’t like about this complex are the very large buildings. Whereas the other properties contain low-rise structures (3 levels or less), these buildings are very tall for a timeshare. It’s the perfect place for kids and I’m sure you will enjoy it.

mjsheps Gold
    We own a timeshare at Grande Vista, and so I can only speak to that.  It is great!  Your kids will not be disappointed.  Very kid friendly (we have 3, ages 11,9 and 6).  I hope you have a great trip!

kbrandley Silver
    We own at Horizons and would really recommend it.  We have a 4 yr old and a 5 yr old.  The pool is fantastic and they talk about it constantly until we go back the next year.  The property is nice and the activities are fantastic since they are geared towards kids like ours.  You will not be disappointed.

mikepio Silver
    we are looking to take our kids on December 30th - January 4, and were hoping to stay at Grand Vista but they have nothing available for Rewards redemption. Do you have any other recommendations?

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...