11 Replies Latest reply: Sep 19, 2012 8:24 PM by GemPrincess RSS

Lifetime Elite Status

danola Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

First time post with a question that, I'm sure, has been asked before. What are the nights required for Lifetime Elite Status and where can I find this info on the Marriott website. Thanks.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Lifetime Elite Status
    GemPrincess Alumni Steward Platinum 17 Reviews

First link is for benefits at each level (Silver, Gold, Platinum)

https://www.marriott.com/rewards/member-benefits.mi

I did not find a link for lifetime, but I know I received my lifetime platinum at 1000 nights.  I also believe there is a minimum of 10 years of membership as well.

Other relevant MI posts with info

http://www.rewards-insiders.marriott.com/message/53116#53116

http://www.rewards-insiders.marriott.com/message/36982#36982

http://www.rewards-insiders.marriott.com/message/12561#12561

http://www.rewards-insiders.marriott.com/thread/5627

Also note, that when looking at a posted topic, if you look to the right of the screen it says, "More Like This" and lists other relevant posts on the topic.

Or check under "Groups & Topics" for the category on "Marriott Rewards"

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews

danola.... the lifetime criteria is under going a review, but here is the current situation:

All 3 levels require 12 yrs in the program

Lifetime Silver      600 nights and  1,200,000 points

Lifetime Gold       800 nights and 1,600,000 points

Lifetime Platinum 1000 nights and 2,000,000 points

Oh..I forgot. To qualify for Lifetime Platinum, you had to achieve Platinum level at least for one yr. I'm guessing the same goes for Lifetime Gold.... Need to have been at least Gold for one yr.

californian Platinum 37 Reviews

My guess is if they change anything it will be to require more than 1 year at the level one is seeking.  Other competitors require more years at the level before granting liketime status.

lone6star Platinum 3 Reviews

That is fine with me, as I have Platinum status for multiple years!  I wonder if they'll add any addiitonal pre-requisites.

californian Platinum 37 Reviews

Who knows!  I use other hotel chains to guess and from that it would just be requiring more years at the status desired as well as # nts and points.

Me too, was platinum for several years in a row.

blava007 Platinum

Earning Lifetime Platinum status a member must have and requires:

·         Minimum 12 years Marriott Rewards membership

·         At least one membership year as a Platinum Elite

·         1,000+ qualified Marriott hotel nights earned

·         Earned 2,000,000 points

Earning Lifetime Gold status a member must have and requires:

·         Minimum 12 years Marriott reward membership

·         At least one year of earned Gold Elite

·         800 qualified Marriott hotel nights earned 

·         Earned 1,600,000 points

Earning Lifetime Silver status and member requires:

·         At least one year of earned Siler Elite

·         800 qualified Marriott hotel nights earned 

·         Earned 1,200,000 points

A note of caution; Marriot is continually devaluating the value of of Marriott Rewards points and earned benefits, secondly many of the employees while you are registering do know or seems to be aware or recognize your levels.   Thus, do limit your expectations and do not go crazy.

Q

taxman415 Platinum

Correction: S/B 600 nights for Silver...

Earning Lifetime Silver status and member requires:

·         At least one year of earned Siler Elite

·         600 qualified Marriott hotel nights earned 

·         Earned 1,200,000 points

A note of caution; Marriot is continually devaluating the value of of Marriott Rewards points and earned benefits, secondly many of the employees while you are registering do know or seems to be aware or recognize your levels.   Thus, do limit your expectations and do not go crazy.

Is this posted on the website anywhere, as I could not find a link to this.

Or is this information from calling Marriott Rewards?

e.g., if its not publically posted on the website, it more likely to be changed.

lone6star Platinum 3 Reviews

Equally important, and I am not trying to move onto another subject here, is the lack of knowledge of these programs by the Marriott hotel check-in employees who represent the first point-of contact between you and the destination hotel your are checking into!  Very few are aware of these lifetime levels and the requirements around them.

Not unusual that frequent travelers know more about a vendor operation that many of the vendor employees

I also put in this category, travel agency, corporate travel, and a whole host of people that book trips for you but never travel so have no idea what is to walk a day in the shoes of a frequent traveler.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...