3 Replies Latest reply: Sep 15, 2012 11:06 AM by painedplatinum RSS

SpringHill Suites, Langhorne, PA (aka Sesame Place)

tracyeg Gold
Currently Being Moderated

When we were at Sesame Place this past year, our jaws dropped when we saw a SpringHill Suites go up right next to Sesame Place.  A perfect hotel in a perfect location and an improved location from the other very nice Marriott properties close by (but not walking distance close by).

So, I've looked at the online booking schedule and it does not appear the hotel is booking reservations after 5/1/13 at this time.  Have all the rooms been booked for the summer?  Is there no chance we can book a room on points anytime soon?  Or, have the rooms been blocked off for package deals to Sesame Place or something else?

We were planning to schedule our travel around availability at the new hotel.  We'd like to know why everything is blocked off the schedule and find a way to get in their while Sesame Place is open for the season.

hor

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: SpringHill Suites, Langhorne, PA (aka Sesame Place)
    painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews

Good questions Tracy.  I know there is a "farthest out date" that can be booked on marriott.com.....I thought it was 12 months.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

erc Platinum

I've often run into this where I'm trying to book a room on a far out date coming into their strong season, especially with newer properties like the one you mentioned. For example, the Courtyard Langhorne can be booked thru August of next year, so it appears (as Marriott often does as a sound pricing strategy) Marriott is waiting to get a feel for the pricing opportunities.  Keep checking back, because often (not always) when they do finally post, their very best prices are the initial ones and then they are adjusted accordingly to demand. Be prepared to take advantage of the 24 hour before checkin date cancellation policy, meaning if in doubt, book it danno and then go back and change if necessary.

painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews

Erc,

Excellent advice. I was working thru my head on a response similar to your's, but I couldn't have been as spot on as you... well done.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...