8 Replies Latest reply: Aug 31, 2015 9:51 AM by carat RSS

GOLD Elite

jamesdean Platinum 1 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Hi Just received GOLD Elite status from Marriot Rewards and am 18 night away from Platinum, which I should obtain before the end of the year. Any comments "in a nutshell" on the advantages of GOLD or PLATINUM with regards to staying at Marriott hotels. I know there is info on this from Marriott rewards website, but would be curious from current members what the advantages (or lack there-of) of GOLD & PLATINUM status.

Thanx much...

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: GOLD Elite
    painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews

JD,

Depending on "what turns you on"..there are a few possible advantages.

If you are a person who is interested in earning points for free stays:

1) Gold Elite members earn additional 25% bonus per stay, Platinum earns 50%. For example, if your room charge was $100 you would earn 1000 points plus an additional 500 points (50% bonus) as a Platinum member. These points add up quick.

2) There is a Platinum arrival gift. When you check in at the front desk, you will asked for your preference. You can receive 200-500 points or a small gift (water, snack). If you elect the points, they can add up.

If you are a person who is interested in getting room upgrades:

There are complimentary room upgrades for Gold and Platinum if available.

Two other nice bennies are free internet at the hotels that like to charge people ( Marriott, JW, etc) and Concierge Lounge access when the lounge is open.

You can browse over the Terms and Conditions for a few more highlights.  I've attached the link below.

Rewards Terms and Conditions

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

californian Platinum 37 Reviews

You are so thorough but I actually thought of one benefit that you missed for platinum, with 48 hours notice you can get into a sold out hotel under most circumstances.  Of course, you will pay rake rate.

jamesdean Platinum 1 Reviews

OH, now that is a real benefit....um, do you know the details on how that works, becasue there is one property that I stay that during peak times will sell out.

californian Platinum 37 Reviews

Gold is nice but platinum is better.  This could be really valuable if you need a room.  I am sure pllatinum reservations could get it for you but I have gotten it on the web.  I tried to get a room and it didn't show availability.  I logged in and there it was.  Good luck.

panusr Platinum 1 Reviews

Great comments on the benefits. I want to point out that both Gold and Platinum members get free "enhanced" Internet access (typically for up to 5 or so devices during the entire stay). A little extra speed that normally costs anywhere between $5 to $7 per day.

702rugbyref Platinum

Nailed it ...in a nutshell.

clebert Platinum 21 Reviews

I have used the platinum guarantee to get a room in downtown Chicago during the Home Show.   It was a God-send.  Also, the Silver Elite status at UA is good if you wouldn't qualify on your own and if you fly a lot.  I get upgraded to first class quite a bit on my UA flights because of the status.  Having said that, I may not requalify as platinum next year.  Not sure I'll do a mattress run to keep platinum as I have United status on my own, and  MR Gold Elite gets CL access which is my main concern.

carat Community Manager Marriott Associate Silver

Great info here!  Thanks crew!!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...