17 Replies Latest reply: Sep 25, 2012 12:01 PM by razorbackfan RSS

Bonus Offers

sg1974 Gold
Currently Being Moderated

I have 2 bonus offers that overlap, easy earning up to 15 November 2012 and Mega Bonus which is from 15 September 2012 to 15 January 2013.

I'd like to know for stays between the 15 September 2012 and 15 November 2012 when both of these offers are open how are the points earned?

The easy earning is 5k bonus points for each second stay and the Mega Bonus is 25k bonus for 15 nights.

Thanks

SG

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Bonus Offers
    painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews

sg,

I'm only offered the current Mega Bonus but, in the past....I've been offered something that sounds similar by a particular brand. For instance two stays at FFI for 5000. When this was offered, my stays counted for both the FFI program and the then current Mega program.

Can you be more specific about the "easy earnings" promo?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

sg1974 Gold

pp,

The details of the easy earning promo are as follows:

You've been specially selected to earn up to 50,000 bonus points, making it even easier to earn points for everything from free nights to once-in-a-lifetime experiences.

See Details 

• Register online or calling your local Customer Support office by 30 September. 2012.
      • Stay at any of our 3,600+ participating Marriott® hotels between 15 August and 15 November 2012.
      • Earn 5,000 bonus points with every 2nd paid stay, starting with your 2nd stay—up to 50,000 bonus points.

I hope the points are credited in line with your previous offer.

I would then have to think whether accumulating the points on the mega bonus may in fact be the better option for me rather than the free night certificates.

sg1974 Gold

Just checked my account after a stay over the weekend and I do have nights credited under both promotions.

californian Platinum 37 Reviews

Good!

I had something similar and I was able to double dip and get both.  You shoulc check with rewards.

sg1974 Gold

Thanks.

I just thought I would check here first whether others have been in this situation.

Bonus scheme for hotels / airlines seem to be a bit of minefield when it comes to their terms and conditions.

jasper100 Alumni Steward Platinum 10 Reviews

ditto!!!

lone6star Platinum 3 Reviews

Don't understand how you can have 2 overlapping promoitions.

In summer, I was in the stay 2 get one free and I got 3 free nts.  At almost the same time, I was in the CY stay on a weekend and get 2500 reward pts and for a 2nd weekend stay get another 2500 pts for a max of 5000.  The 2 CY stays also counted toward the summer promotion so for them, I also got one of the free nts.  Double dipping!  Did I explain it clearly enough?

tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews

This info on the 'double dip' is good to know for future promos. I had a 'double promotion' earlier in the year that would have overlapped but I made the full boat on the first promo before the second one kicked in and I must say I was wondering if the nights stayed would count in both if I had not maxed out the first before the second kicked in. Now I know! Thanks to all who helped clarify!

enileuqcaj7 Silver

I've been offered double dips, I wish I could travel more to take advantage of these.

I was told that it depended on which promotions I was in.  If one is in stay twice and get a night free, they can't be in stay so many nights and get rewards pts.

razorbackfan Alumni Steward Platinum 23 Reviews

I was able to double dip with two promotions during the summer, but I was only offered the mega-bonus for the fall/winter.  Sure wish I could double dip again.

Likewise, I was only offered one for the Mega bonus.  Which did you get for the double dip?

I had a mega-bonus and a stay 2 nights at a Springhill Suites and earn 5000 pts.

It is good to see you posting.  Does this mean hour arm or whatever is feeling better?

It means that I am tired of not being able to do too much!   It takes me forever to type very much because I have to correct so many errors.  I didn't realize how many things I would not be able to do...like grind pepper, floss my teeth, or put my hair in a pony tail to name a few easy things I took for granted.  It has never really hurt (which is a really goood thing) since the initial impact.  I have missed being able to post easily.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...