33 Replies Latest reply: Oct 16, 2012 11:29 AM by californian RSS

Black Card Annual Renewal Date

lone6star Platinum 3 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

After speaking with Marriott Guest Services on the crediting of my 15 nights for having the Black card ($85 annual fee), since I now have it for almost a year, they told me to call the Visa credit card company.  The CS person told me that they bill everyone who has this card on July 1.   Is this true?  i find this very hard to believe.  I got the card in Septembr 2011, yet they billed me on July 1, 2012---not even a full year.  They also changed my annual service date from August (on the silver credit card) to September (now that I have the black card).

When does your Black card annual fee get billed?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Black Card Annual Renewal Date
    pluto77 Alumni Steward Platinum 25 Reviews

My black card annual fee is billed in July (and my annual. free night cert credited and my 15 bonus nights credited in July), but July happens to be the month that I signed up for the card, so my input probably isn't much help I'm afraid.  I never had the silver card.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

drrich Platinum 25 Reviews

HI-

i have had the black card for years, but don't know anything about the 15 bonus nights you are all referring to.  I have never gotten them!  Educate me please.  I get the birthday bonus, anything else?

californian Platinum 37 Reviews

You get 15 nts which gives you silver status as long as you have the card.  You also get 1 nt for every $3000 spent.

painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews

L6S,

My "anniversary" month is September. I receive my 15 nights and free 1-5 cert in September. I'll have to check as far as the month that they charge the fee. I'm not home til Friday...I'll get back to you.

My annual fee is posted in May.  Shortly after my free nt is posted.  I have not paid much attention to when the free nts get posted.

Again, the CS person told me that everypne is billed in July.

I don't know what to tell you but I am not billed in July.  My last fee was charged May 1, 2012.  My free nt starts then.

Going to call CS again soon, as the CS rep said they would forward the concern and someone would get back to me, but so far nothing!

Okay, I called CS today, and they apologized for the wrong info I was provided.  You are billed based on your anniversary..  Though for me, even though I received the black card in November, I am billed in July as thats what occurred with my previous card (silver card).  So now I will get my free elite night certificate and 15 nights in November every year.

Jojoangel Platinum 1 Reviews

My fee is charged September.

@Community Manager - Andy or Michelle:  How do I close this thread / discussion as I have my answer now?

Good to clean up when done.

pluto77 Alumni Steward Platinum 25 Reviews

NathalieF.  lonestar, to alert or 'mention' someone into a conversation, when you type the @ sign and the list pops up, continue typing until you see the name you want (in this case, 'communitymanager', with no space between the word 'community' and the word 'manager', then be sure to click on the name, and it will populate it next to the @ sign.  You'll know you did it right because your @whatevername will be highlighted in blue, as communitymanager is here.

Glad you got the renewal date mystery solved.

This is helpful.  I just recently learned about that.

painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews

I keep typing @whatevername and still nothing comes up. Can you help me here Pluto?   lol

NathalieF - Andy or Michelle:  How do I close this thread / discussion as I have my answer now?

You got it.  I think we should look at closing more inactive or answered threads.  I like clean up.

yes, i can't stand clutter!.  We should close out threads that have no activity after say 10 days ?

Now that would be a poll question that could be taken care of my the Community Manager.  A thread should be moved to an inactivity area so it would not keep coming up.  I have seen a comment on a 2 year old thread and most of it is outdated.  I think it would be better to start a new one than to revive an old one. 

Pluto - thanks, just replied again with your step by step process!

NathalieF - Andy - there is something wrong with the counter for comments.  Yesterday I  logged on and had 784 postings and responded to a few.  Today i responded with comments on multiple discussions, and just checked my profile and saw that it still had 784.  Please review and update appropriately.

They changed the site a short time ago and mine no longer shows a count.  Maybe yours is coming up to do the same.

My mistake, the count is still there but I don't know how to find people unless I know their "name"

My count just increased so mine is working.

Now my counter stopped working sometime yesterday and has not updatted today.  NathalieF

My counter is working now---unsure what happened the other day---maybe a bug got into the system!

Since I have been watching it, it does not change the count after each post, it seems to do it every once in a while.  I don't think it counts each either.  It is not a big deall to me but it might be something to add to the thread about web site issues.  I will do that.

taxman415 Platinum

Mine is also working correctly...

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...