10 Replies Latest reply: Sep 25, 2012 12:40 PM by pointjunkie RSS

Maui Restaurants & Things to Do

dblanz Gold 2 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Request your help as I am soon going to Maui (Marriott Ocean Club). Have never been there and am seeking advice on restaurants in particular. We will have a car and am looking for both great restaurants and also some not so expensive places that offer good food. Also can anyone recommend a luau? We will be there nine days so we will do plenty of eating.

Can anyone discuss the restaurants at the Ocean Club plus those that are within walking distance?

Thanks,

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Maui Restaurants & Things to Do
    sashby4797 Gold 2 Reviews

I can't help a lot, we usually stay on the other side of the island.  However, there is one restaurant we ate at in Kaanapali we really liked.  It's not on the beach, but has a nice view of the golf course.  It's named "Basil Tomatoes Italian Grille".  Check it out on line.  It has a northern Italy cuisine. 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

dblanz Gold 2 Reviews

Thanks for the info on Basil Tomatoes Italian Grille. We will try it.

Do you have any favorite restaurants on the other side of the island where you usually stay. I am sure we will be over there also.

Thanks so much for helping me out.

sashby4797 Gold 2 Reviews

In Wailea, we liked Joe's Bar and Grill.  It is at the tennis club and we went for dinner.  Moderately expensive but great food.  We also had lunch at Gannon's.  It's owned by the same family as Joe's.  We learned that Joe's and Gannon's is run by two chef's that are also husband and wife.  Joe's is run by the husband and Gannon's is run by the wife.  Gannon's is at the golf clubhouse.  It has amazing views of the golf course and the ocean from a hillside.  Gannon's is also moderately expensive.  A less expensive and more casual dinning was at Manoli's Pizza Company.  They have pizza, but also various pasta dishes and other italian items.  Joe's and Gannons are listed by Tripadvisor.

californian Platinum 37 Reviews

I really like Buzz's Wharf.  The Marriott has a Beachwalk where you can walk up and order some hot and cold food.  It is good.  Longboards is liked by some and not by others so you caould call it so so.  There is a real Starbucks on property.

dblanz Gold 2 Reviews

I wish to clarify my question about Maui dining. Although I am interested in restaurants near Marriott Ocean Club, I am also seeking information on restaurants all over the island. We will be there for nine days and we have a car so we will explore. Take care.

shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

dblanz

here are a few of our favorites:

Cheeseburger in Paradise (not affiliated with jimmy buffett chain).  excellent burgers and reasonable.  must do.  not too far from you.

Several places in the Kapalua resort village.  Sensei sushi, is one, but there are others.  All somewhat expensive, but this sushi place has 1/2 off days and times.  check it out.

Mama's Fish House  (other side of Island)  very good to eat there when you take your "Road to Hanna" trip.  Reasonable.

Halimalli General Store.  One of my favorites on the Island.  In the middle of nowhere, but somewhat near the volcano.  good to combine it with the volcano trip.  moderately expensive, but worth it.  This would be an ideal lunch spot.  btw, the volcano is waaaaaay cool. 

I will try to remember some more and advise later.

shoeman

shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

Here's a few more:

Pineapple Grill (in Kapalua)  great place on the grounds of the Plantation Golf Course.  Home of the 1st pga golf tourney every year.

Merriman's (also in Kapalua)  fantastic.  expensive.

Sensei Seafood Restaurant and sushi bar (kapalua)

correct spelling Haliimaile General store

Mama's Fish House  ( in Pala)

all excellent.  also, do not forget Cheeseburger in Paradise...

dblanz Gold 2 Reviews

Thanks to all who responded. We are off to Maui on Thursday morning. I believe we will be able to eat our way across the island.

docsavage Gold

Enjoy! 

pointjunkie Gold 2 Reviews

We have not found a restaurant on Maui that we didn't like.  It all depends on your budget. We been to the buffet at the Hyatt next door. leilani's on the beach in Whaler's village is good. (Get the Hula pie for dessert...1 "slice" is enough for 2 people) We enjoyed Mama's Fish House...pricey but the service, food and view was awesome.  The restaurant onsite at Maui Ocean Club is good as well. Aloha!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...