3 Replies Latest reply: Oct 28, 2012 2:56 PM by meta RSS

Aruba Marriot Stellaris

meta Gold 1 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

HI, We are staing at the Marriot Aruba Stellaris in the middle of Dec.  Booked an oceanfront junior suite and was told it could be 2nd floor or up (assuming we won't be placed on tradewind floor).  If they do put us in the north tower, is that the one facing Ritz construction.  If the Marriot is pretty booked up and our room choices are limited, are we better off taking a lower floor on the non construction side or a higher (non tradewind) rom on the construction side.  It's just my husband and I, we are in our 50's and really would like a quiet room.  It's a special occasion, so we splurged for the junior oceanfront suite. We have a Marriot Visa card and hopefully being members will help to get a good view within the category we booked.  We love to sit out in the morning and evening on the balcony and relax.

Also on the date of arrival, we probably won't check in till 6:30 or 7pm.  How will that affect us getting a palapa for the next day?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Aruba
  • Re: Aruba Marriot Stellaris
    tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews

I've always found the Stellaris property, although a nice property, to be a 'hit or miss' on the room location. Sometimes we get a good one, sometimes we don't. This year, because of the construction on the Ritz Carlton, we decided to book a suite at the Renaissance downtown for December this year, so as to avoid the construction mess. The deal was the same price as the Stellaris and we have always heard good reports about the Renaissance location.

If your room is truly 'facing the ocean', then the Ritz construction should be off the side of the hotel to your right. I wouldn't take a room that faced the construction for 'all the tea in China'...as they say. It'll be very noisy if they are in the midst of any structural work.

I don't think having the Marriott Visa card is a factor in room selection. It's your Rewards membership status that is supposedly the catalyst towards better room selection. But, the Junior Suite category must be good rooms. I don't think there are that many of them that are 'Ocean Front'. Ocean View is a different matter. We had an Ocean View there once and found that if we cringed our neck to look around the building we could see the water out a corner of the window. We returned to the front desk and declined the room and the stay and wound up in the Ocean Club next door.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

lepin Gold 1 Reviews

Upgrade to Tradewinds if you can.

The 8th floor rooms facing the construction are NOT part of Tradewinds (while the construction is happening).

In fairness to Marriott I don't think they will put you on top of the construction without telling you/discounting.

We will be there Dec 8-19.

Look us up (gordons), we are "regulars" and will be glad to advise you.

meta Gold 1 Reviews

Thanks, we will.  With the upcoming storm Sandy arriving, Aruba is looking better and better.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...