3 Replies Latest reply: Sep 9, 2012 10:27 PM by tef6178 RSS

Free night certificate 1-4, can I use this and upgrade it to a higher tier hotel?

Athleticman Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Anyone have experience with using a tier 4 free night certificate at a higher tier hotel and paying a cash surcharge for the upgrade?

2012 Spring MegaBonus Free Night Certificate, Category 1-4 Hotel

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Free night certificate 1-4, can I use this and upgrade it to a higher tier hotel?
    taxman415 Platinum

No experience since I have never been able to use them except a cat 1 - 4... But then I have never had an issue using them at a cat 1 - 4 but there have been many times I wished I could have paid a few extra dollars/points to upgrade to a higher cat...

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Free night certificate 1-4, can I use this and upgrade it to a higher tier hotel?
    GemPrincess Alumni Steward Platinum 17 Reviews

I tried once to do this for a stay at the Key Bridge Marriott.

Talked to several different people in customer service, platinum line, etc, and no one offered any other solution that to book a property that is cat 4 or lower.

Anyone else get any other options when trying to use these?

tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews

To my knowledge, and the question has been asked many times in this forum, the Category 1-4 certificates can be used only in a cetegory 1-4 property. No upgrades to better properties, no higher tier for additional cash or points, nothing beyond cat 1-4.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...