8 Replies Latest reply: Nov 12, 2014 5:48 PM by brightlybob RSS

Exclusive Guest Services Line

texasvoyager Platinum 30 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Well that was interesting.  I found the following guarantee on the Platinum Elite Benefits site.

Exclusive Guest Services Line

Representatives are ready to assist you with all of your membership needs. Call your exclusive Elite Guest Services toll-free number, 800-321-7396, between 8:15 a.m. and 9 p.m., EST. Click here for numbers outside the U.S. and Canada.

However, when I tried to place a call tonight at 6:15 PM, I got a message saying they are only open Monday through Friday.  I guess somebody needs to update their web site as Saturday and Sunday are definitely not covered.  And BTW, I despise talking to computerized Interactive Voice Response Systems that really think they can help me.  Epic fail.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
London, United Kingdom
  • Re: Exclusive Guest Services Line
    painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews

I feel your pain, texasvoy....I am not fond of those Voice Response things either.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

californian Platinum 37 Reviews

They are a pain.  I think everyone hates them.  it would not be as bad if they worked like a human but as of now we are still needed.

hsposner Platinum 6 Reviews

A bit late to this party and been away from the community for a long time, but I have to voice my frustration over the voice activated Guest Services line.  Despite the fact that they made the thing sound more like a real person (don't even get me started on that voice used by AMEX, as it feels like a drill bit running right through my head), but seriously why isn't "speak with representative" a simple enough command to prompt connection to a real person?  The issue got resolved when I finally did get through to a real person, but the process of getting there jacked up my blood pressure a few notches. 

tommo781 Silver 8 Reviews

I don't know if this works anywhere but the UK.

If I get either "speak now" or get a menu and press a number, then get another menu and press another number, I press #0 on my phone and about 80% of the time I get put through to a real person straightaway.

Worth a try!

hsposner Platinum 6 Reviews

Thanks, I've tried that, but only seems to work when you're given a list of option - i.e., press 1 for ***, press 2 for YYY, press 3 for ZZZ or press 0 for the operator. I just called back on the Marriott Guest Services number to give it a try and all you get is the recording continually asking "how may I help you" when pushing the 0.  

kbar17 Silver

What exactly is the point of having this "exclusive" guest services line? I just tried calling it to see if I could get put on a wait list for a fully booked hotel since I have the silver elite status, but was told I need to just monitor the website for cancellations.

This seemed reasonable in the grand scheme, but I am just confused as to what makes this guest line "exclusive." Is it just that fewer people can call this line so there will be lower wait times or do silver elite members actually get worthwhile benefits other than a late checkout (which I think you can get anyway if you ask)? Let me know what good benefits you have received from this line.

proelite Platinum 1 Reviews

I have been successful at talking to the friendly voice.

Since tommo781 said it works in the UK i'm glad that I will be able to call if I don't have internet on the train.

i'll be at the Heathrow Marriott Bath Rd. I always make sure I have the European Reservations line number handy: 0080039942290

Location Brand Hotel
        London, United Kingdom
        brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews

You are so polite, Tommo781... As soon as the canned voice begins I stab the # button repeatedly till it shuts up and puts me through to a human being. I have the sad misfortune of calling such numbers repeatedly for work purposes, and can vouch it works every time for all kinds of different numbers.

At this point I wish to plug FirstDirect, a UK telephone bank, which despite outrageous success (in fact probably because of it) has never felt tempted to introduce the canned answering machine. Every call is answered by a human being, something that's becoming a true rarity in large organisations today!

And some extra info, apparently some places have computers that can tell how "stabby" your key responses are, and promote the really stabby ones up the queue, believing them to be angry and in need of cajoling.

Lesson, get stabby with the # key

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...