4 Replies Latest reply: Sep 5, 2012 11:54 PM by iestrikesback RSS

Long Island Marriott Experience

ctbill Platinum 11 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Let me start by saying ALL of the staff were excellent and the food we had both in Champions and Concierge was excellent.  We thought the problem we encountered would have been easy to fix but it was not.

We stayed for two nights last week.  The first morning we had an excellent breakfast in the concierge lounge.  When we went back for the second morning at 9:10 we were very disappointed to find out that the

bacon was all gone, so,, the "bacon and eggs" became just eggs.  The lounge was scheduled to stop serving breakfast at 9:30 and we were surprised that when the bacon was already gone at 9:10 AM it would be impossible to have any more served.

Such a nice large Marriott with a large restaurant could not share bacon with the lounge?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Long Island/Uniondale, New York, USA
  • Re: Long Island Marriott Experience
    mapka1 Platinum 2 Reviews

I am not surprised! Next to the JW Marriott in Atlanta, this was the worst by far, of the Marriott NY hotel's I had ever stayed in. I am glad you had a good experience with the staff. Lousy Management of the Lounge was also one of my grips! They bring up food and never went back to get any refills, even when patrons were asking to refill items, and no it was not near the cut-off time hours either! By the way same thing happen in the evening, quickly ran out, the staff said "we called for more food" only for NONE to arrive. I stayed several days, and it was always the same.

I also encounteredthe usual (even though I had stayed at Marriott's for over 120+ nights), "Sorry no room upgrade, nor Concierge lounge floors", as I travel for a major Airline and the rate is discounted... So the last time I stayed at the ..

That's my soapbox for the day...

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

nalced1 Gold 2 Reviews

Stayed there once and was treated poorly by the desk staff.

painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews

I've been there 6 or 7 times over the past 20 yrs. I've always felt the issue was inconsistency. Some stays were wonderful, others..not so much.  The last time I was in Uniondale at the Marriott, they upgraded me, without asking, to an Executive King 400 sq/ft room. The CL was fantastic. The previous time was during a hockey game and the place was a mess.

iestrikesback Platinum 44 Reviews

I had the same issue with the CL here.  The following is from my review a few months back:

The only negative about this property, is the concierge lounge.  It's MUCH too small for this size of property.  If you don't get there early (especially for breakfast) you can almost forget about getting a seat.  Also, in the evenings, they don't replenish some of the food items throughout their stated hours. (5:30 to 10pm) They had some good items (wings, chicken cordon bleu, tiramisu, for example), but you were SOL if you didn't get there early.  The attendant even told us "you should have gotten here earlier, for the good stuff!" when we showed up at 8:30 or so, wanting some dessert.''

That was the only problem I had.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...