8 Replies Latest reply: Sep 8, 2012 12:41 AM by eb5147 RSS

Check-in point rules and / or consideration

eb5147 Alumni Steward Platinum 7 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

What is the policy on check-in points for long term stays?  We've been at RI for 25 months and I can count the number of check-in bonus points on one hand.  Even though we were told they were supposed to be only with a new reservation, we didn't get them with the last one last month.  I feel they could give 400 points a month to anyone bringing them over $50,000 in business and as an employee of one corp. that gives them some business now and the consultant of a local company that gives them a huge amount of business.    

I don't see why they can't at least give them for a pre-settle.  What would happen if I just made each reservation for every 2 weeks when they do pre-settle?  Would that be do-able without repercussions?

I'm not on good terms with the mgr or asst. mgr. here because of things that have happened in the past due to their housekeeping rules and lack of communication concerning them and also because they made me feel like they thought I was lying concerning the actions of one of their pet housekeepers.  They still treat us differently singling us out with a different housekeeper than the one across the stoop even when the housekeeper who's prohibited from coming to our room isn't working on that day.  

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Check-in point rules and / or consideration
    nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

eb-  it's my understanding that you get platinum arrival gift points with each stay.  But remember that a stay is consecutive days/nights in the same hotel.  So, if you checked out for a day/night and then checked back in, you'd get the arrival points all over again since it'd be a different stay.  Is that what you're asking about?  By the way, I agree that anybody who spends $50K at the same hotel ought to at least get what the T&C call for, but moreso, something extra!  two years in the same hotel??  WOW!!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Yes.  I had been told that each new reservation got a welcome bonus, which we had been getting, but this last time was an absolute fiasco!!  They gave us a check out bill.  LB went over to tell them to extend it for another year.  They backtracked that bill and didn't bill the card for it but they never told either of us.  LB was looking for it on his company charge card while I was looking for the point posting.  I'd call to ask why they hadn't been posted yet and they'd say they had.  They finally told the dates they'd had posted which was for the earlier pre-settle and they didn't see that there was any reason for us to have been confused, evidently.  I saw an ad for Homewood Suites in Mobile that looked really nice and they have one here so I plan on checking into after this bonus is earned.  As you can imagine, we have a lot of stuff here now and it's kind of hard to move, but I was thinking about looking at the place, storage, noise, etc.

What is T&C?

Sorry...terms and conditions.

californian Platinum 37 Reviews

I understand T&C but sometimes when one is staying for long term, they could throw a little extra in once in a while.  I would expect that by staying long term the rate paid is not the daily rate that one would pay for a single night and that reduction would offset not getting pts more often.

Once staying at a resort, breakfast was offered as a platinum gift which I took.  I was on a 7 nt stay.  I asked if I had 7 - 1 nt reservations would I be offered breakfast for each day and was told yes.  I asked if it was fair if I had one reservation for 7 nts, that I was only given 1 breakfast.  At that point they gave me a 2nd breakfast coupon.  I guess this could be considered a compromise.

I agree that if you spend $50k you ought to get something extra!

You're right.  The long term stay is reduced, but that doesn't go into our pockets and even makes our points less, and especially when 5 for 1.  Heck.  You don't even get local phone calls at RI or TPS.  And talk about no recognition!!!  Neither the mgr. or asst. mgr. gave him any recognition even when he achieved LT PP or LT P.  Whatever?  They barely even communicate with us, even to have the housekeepers when sheet change day is since it's not the same day each week.

Thanks, nuhusker.  :-)  CRS.  ;-)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...