53 Replies Latest reply: Nov 19, 2015 2:11 PM by nhtraveler RSS

Question on Status

daleafs16 Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Once you've reached platinum level status, how long does it last for?  Do I have to have 75 nights every year to keep it?

Thanks

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Question on Status
    californian Platinum 37 Reviews

It lasts for the rest of the year earned and the following year.  I think they want you to continue staying the following year to earn it for then another year and so on.  If you do so, it is nice staying because you have status.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews

I agree with Cali, the 75 night per year is the target. Keep in mind, those nights can come from paid stays, birthday bonus, credit card bonus, and rollover nights. I think meeting planning helps too, but not sure about that.

So, let's say daleafs has hit 75 nights stayed this year as of Sept 5.

1) If he/she stays any additional nights between now and 12/31...they would essentially rollover. Since they have been averaging about 9 nghts/mo ytd...we'll add 20 for the rest of 2012..shouldn't be hard at current rate.

2) If daleafs gets the Credit Card in January, 2013...Chase will kick in 10 or 15 nights..plus let's give it 3 nights for spending on the CC....total 13 or 18

3) Sign up your birthday and gain 1 night

Subtotal... 20 plus 18 plus 1 equals 39 for 2013..... daleafs would need to stay 36 nights during 2013 to bring the total to 75 and score Platinum through 2014.

nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

pained -- I'm just curious.  When does the night show up for the birthday?

It has only happened for me this year...birthday was in May and the day showed up either on or real close to the big day.

Thanks, pained.  I'm gonna start checking at midnight!

Holy Moly...we almost missed it!! happy birthday, Husker..Dream good tonight and think " I see red people"....and may those red shirted footballers do well this year.

Thanks, pained!

arkwright Platinum 2 Reviews

And from jolly old blighty, happy birthday too

A

Thanks old Chap!

razorbackfan Alumni Steward Platinum 23 Reviews

Hmmmm.....maybe nuhusker and I are long lost twins.  Today is my birthday and I wear a lot of red, too.  I hope my red-shirted footballers do really well this year.

Happy birthday to both of you.

Your lesson of the day:

By probability theory if you have a group of more than 23 people, the probability that 2 of them have the same birthday is over 50%.  If the group size is 100, it is almost certain.  See chart below.  n is number of people and P(n) is the probablility that 2 have the same birthday.

np(n)
                  1011.7%
                  2041.1%
                  2350.7%
                  3070.6%
                  5097.0%
                  5799.0%
                  10099.99997%
                  20099.9999999999999999999999999998%

I hate arithmetic!

shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

californian

I am by no means an expert on such things, but I find it highly improbable that these #'s are correct.  possibly the same date (as in the 14th), but definitely not the same day and month......  where did that stat come from?

shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

I stand corrected!  Californian is 100% correct!!!

pluto77 Alumni Steward Gold 25 Reviews

There are about 110 of us in my organization at work.  Two of us share the same birthday - month and day - although not the same year.

Just month and day.  Year doesn't count.

What changed your mind in 4 minutes?

I just have one more question.  Do the same probabilities apply to the number of husker fans?

I know of one place where out of nearly 85,000, probably 99.99999999999999999999999999 percent are Big Red!

On Game day, it's the third largest city in the state!

No.  Just a good team!  I would expect that one could could up with a model based on events like wins.

Your team is on ESPNU this week.  Happy Birthday!

Razorbackfan!!!! Happy Birthday!...... Have a nice slice of Red Devil Cake.

Thanks, pained.  The best part of this birthday is that I am now eligible for the Marriott Senior Discount.  Sometimes it is really a significant discount.

It is nice when something nice happens because you are older.

cal, you are right about that.

razorbackfan, I think that the nicest thing about getting older is that I had another birthday!

Yes, nuhusker, it is better than the alternative.

Razor,

We have used the senior discount for my husbands age, and you are right... sometimes it can be fairly significant, as much as 25%.  But here again, must be careful.  I did some price comparing recently for SF properties, comparing regular price with senior and AAA, and the out come was interesting.  At some properties, the discount was about 10-15%, at some, no discount, but at one property, it was 30% more!   And sometimes the AAA discount is even better.

pluto, I always check all the rates, sometimes with different combinations of weekday/weekend rates.  As we have said in other discussions, it also pays to check the rates once you have made them because there is sometimes fluctuation.   The discounts we have gotten with AAA rates have more than paid for the membership.

tryt53 Alumni Steward Platinum 5 Reviews

Happy Birthday nuhusker!  It's always better to keep having them, than not!!

Thanks, tryt -- I agree, the alternative stinks.

nu, is today (Sept. 6) your birthday?

Oh yea, this is the day.  I got a cup of senior coffee at McDonalds this morning and the counter clerk informed me that I couldn't have been saving that 50 cents for a long time.  Who knew? 

Happy Birthday, Cornhusker!  May you have a great day, a great year, and many more.

Thanks, it's a great day for me!

The birthday email came exactly on my birthday.

Ok, so here's the deal.  I just called Marriott Rewards and found ought that my birthday was registered in their system, but for some reason, an email was activated to me.  So, now after my next stay (next week sometime) I'll get two nights awarded for that stay instead of one.  Sounds like a convoluted way to get from A to Z, but I'll take it, as long as it happens as explained.

As someone mentioned in an earlier post, call Marriott Rewards to make sure you're registered for this on going "Happy Birthday Promotion."

It does sound convoluted.  Hopefully 'all is well that end's well.'

Husker,

FYI, The Birthday night credit should show up as "promotional"...right under "Bonus Nights Earned"

Nights Earned

Nights Stayed:95
                  Bonus Nights Earned:65
                  Promotional:1
                  Rewards Credit Card:25
                  Rewarding Events:0

thanks, pained.  I'll be looking for that after my stay next week at Kansas City Airport.

sandiegogirl Gold 2 Reviews

How do you sign up for your birthday night? I believe I've entered my birthdate in my Marriott Rewards profile, it that all is needed? Thanks!

tryt53 Alumni Steward Platinum 5 Reviews

sandlegogirl,

If you have it entered into your profile, you should get it automatically, but the first time it doesn't hurt to call customer service to make sure it gets in.  Also, just to make sure you understand, it is not a free night to stay somewhere, but a night credit towards your number of nights needed to stay to get your next level, or towards the number of total lifetime nights stayed.

sandie, I don't remember doing anything special.  I had an email this morning from Marriott Rewards wishing me a Happy Birthday and wanted me to confirm my rewards number and my name and told me the night would be posted within 48 hours.  By the way, welcome to Marriott Insiders.  Sure hope you will tell us about your travels.

razorbackfan -- I didn't get that email, and so far my EQN balance hasn't changed today.

But the real question is...Is this your birthday too???

klaus29 Silver

hi  nuhusker

Happy  Birthday, to you,  All  the  best  for  the  coming  year.

Klaus

very kind of you klaus.  Thanks, and wishes for a very good year for year as well.

Happy Birthday wishes to you too, Madam Razorbackfan.  May your day be special, your travels be plenty as well as safe, and may your Razorbacks always win!

sandiegogirl Gold 25 Reviews

Thanks trys52 and razorback,  I should be all set then. Trying to reach Platinum status... need that free Wicked Spoon buffett next time I'm at The Cosmopolitan/Autograph Collection in Vegas.

jkernitzki Platinum 2 Reviews

Marriott hasn't even given me a thing on my birthday, not even when I'm spending with them (which I have done seven of the last twelve years). But then, nobody else does, so I should actually be relieved.  I mean, who wants their only birthday greeting coming from a freaking hotel chain?

I managed to skip it this year as it came on Saturday, which is pretty much never a hotel night for me. But then I have a three-day weekend of being bored to tears at home instead of a filled day on the road, which helps it go by more quickly.

rebekah.nottingham@gmail.com Platinum

I encourage my family, friends and colleagues to always have consistent loyalty to Marriott . . . Best accommodations, frequent stay benefits, and responsiveness to special needs!

702rugbyref Platinum

IS correct - californian

justincfreem Platinum

Are there still roll over nights being awarded?   

nhtraveler Platinum 3 Reviews

As far as I know, yes.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...