5 Replies Latest reply: Mar 10, 2009 9:01 PM by hoosprojectpat RSS

Need help selecting VA Beach Marriott

jobony Silver
Currently Being Moderated

Our family will be going to VA Beach in mid-July again this year.  We stayed at a fabulous Courtyard on the 37th last year, but there is a new Marriott lower on the beach that we'd like to try.  Has anyone stayed at the new one?  Springhill Suites on 9th?  Thanks for any pros/cons!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Need help selecting VA Beach Marriott
    charley Gold 1 Reviews
    I live in Va Bch and I've seen the hotel but not stayed there; its brand new. However, I stayed in a brand new Springhill Suites in Salisbury, Maryland recently and it was great. The rooms are all suites with a real kitchen and lots of room. At The Springhill Suites in Va Bch, all the rooms look out over the Ocean and have a balcony. 9th Street is a good location for restaurants and clubs but its at one end of the boardwalk with a lot of walking as you go north and not much to the south. I think a spot in the middle (25th or so) gives you more flexibility.    

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

trab4010 Platinum
    Our family has stayed at ford's colony which was great, although not at the beach.  quiet setting. 

partyof5 Gold

Stay at the Springhill!  WE too stayed at the Courtyard on 37th for several years and then last year (because I couldn't get a two room suite at the Courtyard) ended up at the Springhill in the 2nd week they were open.  It is very nice.  Pros- buffet breakfast on site (included), pool is much warmer, has an outdoor hot tub and nice bar/cabana area at the pool and more seating than Ctyd, garage parking attached to hotel.  Cons- not as many decent restaurants in walking distance, lines for breakfast were terribly long after about 8am, the garage was a bit of a pain (w/access cards),

Don't know about the standard rooms, but the suite was very spacious-comparable to Ctyd in size.   Hope this helps!  

markymark Gold
    Hi! Just wondering about the Springhill... does it have a kitchen/kitchenette? Thanks!

hoosprojectpat Platinum
    The Springhill Suites is very nice.  It is fairly new and the rooms are very modern.  They have free valet parking (at least in the off season when I went).  It has a kitchenette w/ a fridge, microwave, and sink.  They have beach view rooms and have an outdoor restaurant that is pretty good.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...