11 Replies Latest reply: Sep 2, 2012 8:36 PM by GemPrincess RSS

Happy Labor Day Everyone!  How is Everyone Celebrating???

GemPrincess Alumni Steward Platinum 17 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Happy Labor Day Everyone!

Any special travel plans or celebrations?

I am headed into NYC and trying out a new Fairfield Inn (well new to me)....will let you know how it goes.

Then tomorrow I board a cruise ship headed to FLA and the Bahamas.

Will be in Port Canaveral and Cocoa Beach for the holdiay and looking forward to see how they celebrate it.

Also will be summarizing our travel reading blog.

Am thinking of organizae books by Country - what do you think?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Happy Labor Day Everyone!  How is Everyone Celebrating???
    erc Platinum

Our 20th annual cul de sac cookout (this year with pictures of all the neighborhood young adults when they were four-eight year olds at the very first one - pretty neat) and then off to the beach at the very pleasant Virginia Beach Fairfield Inn (all ocean view rooms, one of the few cat. 6 FFI).

Visiting friends from previous years sports tournaments down there, riding bikes on the nice asphalt 'boardwalk' and the usual beachlife lounging.

Cheers to all.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

razorbackfan Alumni Steward Platinum 23 Reviews

erc, it sounds like you are going to have a great time.  Do the young adults know their pictures will be on display?  That is a wonderful idea.

erc Platinum

Most kids still live in the northern virginia/DC area and some are even flying in. The photos are a surprise which will no doubt play to mixed reviews - the young adults/kids are not as sentimental as us - ha ha.

The Hogs look tough this year, I would imagine it's not on PPV due to the modest opponent - that of course won't be the issue on the 15th, good luck in that one.

We'll be there on the 15th and will be calling those Hogs!  Thanks for the good wishes. They do look really good on the practice field and I hope that carries over to the games.  We will be playing 4 of the top 10 teams (current rankings), 2 games at home and 2 away.  I have reservations for the National Championship game as well as the Sugar Bowl.

Love Virginia Beach!

Use to go on weekends when I lived in DC.

Is the Marriott somewhat new (haven't been there in a long time)?

We use to stay at the Cavalier.  I love their oceanfront rooms.  If I left the slider open I could hear the ocean all night long.

erc Platinum

Gem

It's about 8 or 9 years old, but still in great shape, I think they updated it a summer or two ago. We first started going there when our girls played in soccer and field hockey tournaments at the nearby training center. It's a great location centrally located right near where the expressway ends and about 20 blocks south of the still lovely Cavalier (been to several weddings there). Enjoy your cruise.

Need to get back there and try the new place.  Can always eat at the Cavalier.  Anyways they did away with their rooftop restauarnt awhile back, and we had to eat across the street in the old hotel, which was lovely, but you can't see or hear the ocean.  Spent many a New Years there.

We don't have any plans at all for this Labor Day week-end.  I was planning on watching my Hogs first game on Pay-Per-View, but when I tried to sign up, it was only available in Arkansas and Alabama .  If the wind dies down, we will be able to resume our daily bicycle rides.

I hope everyone has fun and stays safe.

Gem, sure hope the seas are calm.  Have a wonderful time.

tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews

I'll be in San Francisco and Seattle over the weekend and into next week enjoying the festivities at the ball games and all the to-do activities in both cities.

Happy Travels to all!

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

GemPrincess,

Will be in Port Canaveral, staying at the FF in Titusville, Fl, next week. 

If you get a chance try the seafood at Rusty's Raw Bar at Port Canaveral.  Not expensive, but a great seaway experience.  You may want to go to CocoaNuts in CC Beach as well.  If you really want fine dining, go to Cafe Margaux's in Cocoa Village, it it the finest place to dine in Brevard County!  I will be there next Wed. night taking my Mother to dinner!

If you want to have prime beef, right next door, Ulysses', (Alex, same owner as Cafe Margaux) has the best steak house in the county as well!

Have a wonderful trip and Holiday Week-end!

IMG_1550.JPG

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...