5 Replies Latest reply: Sep 6, 2012 4:15 PM by NathalieF RSS

Are you able to purchase or extend platinum status into the next year

buffalogal Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Hello, due to a family tragedy this year, I will not earn enough nights to keep my platinum status for 2013.  To date I only have 35 nights.  Is there a way to purchase or extend my status for next year?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Are you able to purchase or extend platinum status into the next year
    shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

Hi buffalogal

there have been multiple instances where Marriott has 'comped' platinum for folks that fall short one year.  I'm not sure if they weigh your past performance or if they weigh how close to making it you are, but it seems to have happened often enough that you likely have a chance.  sorry to hear of your family tragedy.  Regarding buying in, I do believe there has been conversation that you can do it, but I have no idea of the procedure.

shoeman

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

buffalogal,

Shoeman is so right!

I had another friend who had the same situation happen, and Marriott kept him Platinum.  It is better for all to keep you in Platinum, hope it goes well.  Sorry to also hear about your family tragedy, and good luck and happy travels!

klaus29 Silver

sorry  about  your  family  tragedie.........   about  the  platinum  status  if  marriott  dont  will  give  you free  again  your  status,   i think  same  last  year, you can buy  your  platnum status  with 50000 points

NathalieF Community Manager Marriott Associate

If you are not maintained at your Platinum status after the end of this year, contact customer service. There are options such as "Buy Back" and challenges that could get you back to that status (if necessary) quickly.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...