4 Replies Latest reply: Aug 31, 2012 12:03 PM by chrisf RSS

Which Hilton Head property?

swhite Silver
Currently Being Moderated

I'm fairly new to this Insider's, but does anyone have any good references and/or recommendations which Marriott Vacation Club in Hilton Head would suite a group of teenagers the best? I haven't had the opportunity to visit any of them and want to treat my nieces to a trip next summer.  Appreciate your time!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
South Carolina, USA
Hilton Head Island, South Carolina, USA Marriott Vacation Club Intl
  • Re: Which Hilton Head property?
    pluto77 Alumni Steward Gold 25 Reviews

Hi swhite,

Welcome to Insiders and thanks for posting.  I too would be interested in reading some replies to your post, as there are a number of Marriott properties at Hilton Head to choose from, and I haven't yet had the opportunity to travel there.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

chrisf Alumni Steward Platinum 20 Reviews

Hi swhite

It really depends what your nieces would like.  If they like a larger resort with a great stretch of beach, I suggest either Grand Ocean or Surfwatch.  However, the 'beach nightlife' is limited due to the requirement for beach resorts to close beach bars etc. fairly early evening ... apparently due to protecting the local turtle population.  We have stayed at Surfwatch a few times and had a great time and quite a few youngsters seemed to  also be having a great time.  The main place that we have found for evening entertainment is Harbour Town in the Sea Pines area but the Marriott Harbour Club (MVCI) that is closest to the Town has no beach access.  There are quite a few areas around the island that have live music, so your nieces should be able to find some good entertainment.  (In fact, there always seems to be some festival or other on whenever we visit!)

View from a Surfwatch balcony ...

CIMG1692_edited-1.jpg

An evening stroll on the beach ... as you can see, the beach is vast ...

CIMG1722_edited-1.jpg

If you look under 'More Like This' on the right-hand side of this screen, you will find quite a few postings that may help.

If you could provide some info as to what your nieces would like, we may be able to provide more info.

Good luck with your searching ... what a great gift that will be for your nieces!

Location Brand Hotel
    Hilton Head Island, South Carolina, USA Marriott Vacation Club Intl
    mikiegfla Platinum 4 Reviews

I just got back from Surf Watch and would recommend it. It's a very short walk to the beach, as Chrisf's picture depicts, and the units are large and new. For a small daily fee you can rent all the beach gear you need, including chairs, umbrella and cooler as well as bicycles.

chrisf Alumni Steward Platinum 20 Reviews

Yes, that's a great point to make, miki ... we always rent the bicycles ... the sand on the beach is pretty firm and ideal for cycling and there are plenty of great cycle paths around the island.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...