4 Replies Latest reply: Aug 30, 2012 11:15 AM by painedplatinum RSS

1M Marriott Points

mongoose Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Good Evening,

I understand that upon reaching the 1M Marriott Rewards points, you achieve the 'Silver Level for Life'. Does this process occur automatically within the system? Does Marriott put a little something in the mail for those who achieve this milestone? There's no wrong answer here, just curious.

Sincerely,

Jason

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: 1M Marriott Points
    shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

mongoose

I believe there are multiple things that must be met in order to achieve Lifetime status.  The criteria include 1. years in the program. 2. total nights stayed.  3. total points.  It is my understanding that all 3 criteria need to be met in order to qualify.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews

mongoose,

The 3 lifetime levels are Silver, Gold, and Platinum. There are three qualifiers that need to be met for each.

Silver Lifetime...600 nights stayed, 1,200,000 points earned and 12 yrs in the program

Gold Lifetime...800 nights stayed, 1,600,000 points earned and 12 yrs in the program

Platinum Lifetime... 1000 nights stayed, 2,000,000 points earned and 12 yrs in the program.

What I've read on here is that after you reach a milestone, there isn't any type of notification. Marriott will send you a card signifying your status AFTER you no longer earn at that level. For example, you achieve Gold Lifetime and reach at least Gold every year. The first year you fall short, you may see a card in the mail.

mongoose Platinum

Painedplatinum / Shoeman1000,

Roger all and thanks for the benchmark(s). Any idea if there is some sort of online notification in your MR profile?

painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews

mongoose,

No recognition anywhere, on line or not, as far as I know. I passed the Silver Lifetime a couple of years back. I've been earning at the Platinum level every year since I passed the Silver milestone, so no notification. I just passed Gold this week. I'm not expecting anything. Now, when I slow down my stays and fall below my Lifetime level, I hope to see something.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...