20 Replies Latest reply: Aug 27, 2012 8:19 PM by painedplatinum RSS

Thank You Marriott Rewards for the birthday gift!

pluto77 Alumni Steward Gold 25 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Just received one free elite night credit from Marriott Rewards for my birthday.  Thank you Marriott!  I am still 9 days away from maintaining my status (and I don't travel on business) with only 4 months to go, so the one night credit really means something to me.

If you haven't already entered your birthday on your Marriott Rewards profile, please do so in order to get your free elite night credit on your birthday.  Some here on Insiders say you also have to contact customer support and have them enter you in the birthday promotion.  To clarify, the elite night credit is not an actual free night certificate.  It is a credit of one night towards elite status only, but still, something of value if you are not already Lifetime Platinum status.

Again, thanks Marriott!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Thank You Marriott Rewards for the birthday gift!
    taxman415 Platinum

I agree with you that is a nice gesture regard less of your status... Happy Birthday Pluto...

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

blava007 Platinum

I appreciate the gesture of Happy Birthday e-mail I received from Marriott, but I really question why would Marriott send out an "Elite night credit" to a person(s) that is already a Lifetime Platinum member?   

Why/how will the Elite night credit benefit any Life Platinum Members?

A better and more appropriate Birthday gift for a Platinum Lifetime Members could be; purchase one dinner second dinner is free, or purchase one weekend night and second weekend night is free, deposit number of Marriott points (with example; customer age x 100 points), etc.   I strongly believe there must be a great number of other more appropriate options vs. sending a frustrating auto-generated e-mail.    I just hope that Mr. Bill Marriot for his 80th birthday did not receive the same AUTO-generated email.  I know that would not have been a fun at all.     

harvey Platinum

hi quick question...how do you get lifetime platinum status?

GemPrincess Alumni Steward Platinum 17 Reviews

I believe its after 1000 nites & 10 years in the program.

bigmrm Platinum

At least 12 years in the Marriott rewards program, at least 1200 nights stayed, at least 2 million points earned and you have to have reached platinum status at least once.

taxman415 Platinum

It is 1,000 nights for platinum, 800 for gold and 600 silver status... Also it requires 2.0m life time earned points for platinum, 1.6m for gold and 1.2m silver status All statuses requite 12 years in the program...

bigmrm Platinum

taxman, you are correct, I misstated the required number of nights. Here's a communication I received directly from Marriott recently -- a response to a question I didn't ask, actually:

Emeritus Platinum status is offered after the following qualifications are met:

Guest has been a member of Marriott Rewards program for 12 years, with at least one year at Platinum Elite.

Guest has stayed 1,000 nights over the history of the Marriott Rewards account.

Guest has accrued 2,000,000 total points earned during the history of the account.

For Gold, the night requirement is 800 nights and the point requirement is 1,600,000.

For Silver, the night requirement is 600 nights and the point requirement is 1,200,000.

There is no way to request this status unless all the qualifications have been met.

I only have 1100 points now and got my lifetime platinum awhile back when I hit 1000

Harvey, I couldn't find the requirements on the Marriott Rewards website, but here's what someone posted within the past 6 months:

• 12 years membership in the Marriott Rewards program.
          • One of those years has to have been as a Platinum status
          • Earned +2 million points grand total
          • Earned +1000 nights credited grand total

Blava, you've got some very good ideas here.  I hope Marriott is reading.

tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews

Happy Birthday Pluto!

Thanks to all for the birthday wishes.  It was a happy birthday.

painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews

Since it seems like I missed the party by one day, let me be the first to offer happy birthday for your next birthday!

Pained, you certainly shall hold that honor, and thanks.  i shant forget!

shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

Count me in also........  Happy Birthday.  did you do anything special??

Hi Shoe,

Thank you.  I usually spend my bday at Newport Coast, but this year it fell a little early (so I just celebrated a wee bit longer, ha!)  Otherwise nothing special: my husband took me shopping for new light fixtures - great fun giving the home a little upgrade - and we bbq'ed and watched a great French film, The Intouchables.  See it if you can.  I discovered that I still have not perfected the culinary art of fire roasting chili peppers , but won't give up on that, and was pleasantly amused to see Tebow in green and white, and Manning in Orange and blue!  I thanked God for giving me 53 years of life (although my sweet and dear daughter would only give him credit for 46 .  Good lookin' out, Holly!)

Happy belated birthday wishes!

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

Yes,

Happy Birthday Pluto!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...