11 Replies Latest reply: Aug 26, 2012 11:38 AM by pluto77 RSS

Garmisch, Germany?

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Can anyone recommend a local hotel there?

Used to stay at the Renaissance, but it is no longer a Marriott property.  Nor is there a Marriott property outside of Munich.

Am going the first week in December for a week, and would really appreciate a recommendation.  Many of the places are already booked so I would again appreciate any experiences you could share with me.  There will be just two of us for this special trip.

Thanks!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Garmisch, Germany
  • Re: Garmisch, Germany?
    pluto77 Alumni Steward Gold 25 Reviews

Hi Jerry,

I consider you the Insiders expert on Garmisch, so was surprised to see your question.

Did you check the Hotel Reissersee?  Hotel Riessersee in Garmisch–Partenkirchen – Ferien am See, Bayern  I know you've stayed there in the past.  It looks beautiful from the website.  The website is all in German with no English option that I could find, but you might perhaps call them, if you don't see any of their rooms available on popular sites like booking, travelocity or expedia.  They may have rooms, though perhaps pricey.  Also check with your favorite hotels weekly (and daily if possible) for cancellations.

I hope someone else here can offer up some additional gems for you, and I'd be interested in learning about them too.  If I go (now "iffy"; may have to be pushed back to February), we'll be staying at the Edelweiss Resort and Lodge operated by the U.S. Army. 

All the best of luck.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

pluto77,

Thanks for your compliments!

The old Ren. is sold out due to a spots group that has booked it for the week.  I am on a waiting list.  Funny thing, out of the top 45 places to stay in Garmisch, this place rank 22!  I could not imagine there are so many places better than this place.

pluto, I have AMEX working on a place, so I know I will get something nice.  Just need a bathtub, fireplace, and room service, with a King bed!

You know I always appreciate your comments and suggestions.

painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews

JC,  No help from me, but good luck.

PS....Bring that fine camera with you.

PP,

Thanks so much for responding.  I will get this all wrapped up shortly, and yes, I will have some new photo's.DSCN0131_0105.jpg

DSCN0132_0106.jpg

aaupgrade Platinum

Since the Ren was no longer there on my last visit to Garmisch (2009), I stayed at the Atlas Post Hotel which is right downtown and I could walk to everything.  Of course we still had a car to go hiking out at Partnachklamm  (Partnach Gorge) and venture elsewhere.  If you have never hiked Partnachklamm I highly recommend it.  To get there drive to the Garmisch Olympia Stadium, park and then hike the road to the right of the stadium. About a km up you enter the gorge and it is a nice 2-4 hour adventure, depending on the time you wish to spend there and how adventurous you want to be.  Enjoy!

aaupgrade,

Thank-you for this recommendation!

bu3bdallah Member

wo0o0o0o0o0o0ow its a outstanding place

enjo0o0o0oy 2 tha maaaaaaaaaax

bu3dallah,

Yes, it is a wonderful place!

bu3bdallah Member

thank you jerrycoin I hope to see you there hahaha acually Im planing for a trip from 1st of sep till 10th if you have holiday and free you can join me hahahaha

Thanks to all for your suggestions!

Have booked a place booked in Garmisch and it is Reindl's Partenkirchner Hof.  It looks like a great hotel.  Will take the last night and stay at the Munich Airport Marriott.

Am looking to taking some day trips as far away as Lake Como, Salzburg, and of course Munich!

pluto77 Alumni Steward Gold 25 Reviews

Sounds like a blast, Jerry.  All fabulous places (I hear!)  It will be here before you know it.  (I wish there was still a Marriott in Salzburg too ...)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...