5 Replies Latest reply: Aug 25, 2012 9:06 PM by nuhusker RSS

Hotel Recommendations for Houston, TX??

nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I have a trip planned for January to Houston.  Never been there. There are many Marriott properties in the greater Houston area, and I'm looking for some input from Insiders on recommendations for where to stay.  I'll have a car, and being close to anything isn't a big deal.  More about nice lodging thconvenient location.  Thanks in advance for the advice.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Houston, Texas, USA
  • Re: Hotel Recommendations for Houston, TX??
    erc Platinum

I'll kick it off, but defer to more recent lodgers. I always had good luck/service at the Houston West Loop Galleria. Near some excellent restaurants on Westheimer, pretty close to an interesting Rice University campus, easy (meaning in a  relatively mad dog Houston highway kind of way) from either GW Bush Intercontinental or Hobby and quick hop downtown for shows etc. They often have great Thursday thru Sunday night AAA rates, and self parking is reasonable. And of course you're near the Galleria shopping center with it's upscale shops and skating rink etc.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

garywhalen Platinum 2 Reviews

erc's suggestion is the first one I'd make too.  The Galleria area is an ideal location, except for the traffic.  I go to Houston a lot.  If you want to be away from some of the congestion yet still want easy access to things I'd also recommend the Courtyard in Pearland.  It's new, adjoins a nice outdoor mall and plenty of restaurants, and it's near easy access to Beltway 8 that loops Houston and Hwy 288 that runs north/south and take you straight into downtown or other major roads (e.g., Hwy 59).

Thanks guys.  Houston West Loop Galleria Marriott it'll be.

shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

Husker

I'm a latecomer to this question, but wanted to pile on.  I agree that the Houston West Loop Galleria Marriott is a very good choice.  The "Westheimer" area is bustling with shops, and restaurants for your enjoyment.  The Galleria Mall is a great place to people watch. 

Appreciate the advice.  My trip is part work/part pleasure, translated to relaxing.  Just looking for someplace nice to do just that.  Thanks.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...