6 Replies Latest reply: Feb 10, 2013 3:40 PM by bhamous RSS

Marriott Stellaris in Aruba and upgrades?

thesuit Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Has anyone stayed on "points" recently and experienced a room "upgrade" at the Marriott Stellaris in Aruba?  Curious how they treat Marriott members at this property?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Marriott Stellaris in Aruba and upgrades?
    naiken Platinum

I stayed there last year and was not offered complimentary upgrades.  In order to get a room with a view other than that of the Ritz Carlton under construction next door, I had to pay a nightly upgrade in order to do so.  Whether or not is is typical I don't know because I stayed at the Marriott Aruba Surf Club this year.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

escout Gold

Stayed two weeks using points October 2011 and they gave me a fantastic upgrade, best room I ever had. I have gone six times and am headed down next week for two weeks, will be paying and hope they use my gold membership to upgrade again.

redneck29 Platinum

escout, glad to hear about the upgrade.  I have 5 nights booked there, at the Tradewinds level but could only book a regular room with my points.  As a Platinum Premier, I'm hoping for an upgrade to a Junior Suite or Governor's Suite. Any tips for the property or things to do?  This is my first trip to the island.  Thanks, Greg

redneck29 Platinum

escout, glad to hear about the upgrade.  I have 5 nights booked there, at the Tradewinds level but could only book a regular room with my points.  As a Platinum Premier, I'm hoping for an upgrade to a Junior Suite or Governor's Suite. Any tips for the property or things to do?  This is my first trip to the island.  Thanks, Greg

redneck29 Platinum

bhamous Platinum

Redneck, how was your experience with the Aruba property? Upgrade? Was Tradewinds worth the extra points?

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...