12 Replies Latest reply: Sep 25, 2012 7:54 PM by klaus29 RSS

Renting your timeshare week

robertl Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

When you buy a week with Marriott Vacation Club, one of the feature that is promoted is the possibility to rent your weeks if it happens that you choose not to go any given year. I own 2 weeks Platinum weeks in St-Thomas and would like to rent them this coming winter. Considering a rate of occupancy above 95%, I thought it would be easy. I posted on Redweek and Sell your time share and so far nothing. Marriott is not providing any kind of support. I assume that they make more money if we don't show up and they can rent it themselves for top $$$.

1) Anyone has some ideas to share about how to rent your timeshare week?

2) Anyone would welcome some help from the resort in this matter? IMG_7257.jpg

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Renting your timeshare week
    californian Platinum 37 Reviews

It would be nice if Marriott would set up a site for owners to rent weeks that they won't use.  Some of us might be interested.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews

tef6178  is a timeshare guru.   Let's see if he has a few minutes to help.

tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews

robertl:

Have you gone to the MCVI website and logged into your timeshare and tried to get Marriott to rent it for you? They are supposed to help in renting the property (it's supposed to be one of their offers) and I believe there is contact info on the website for doing so. If not, I would suggest contacting your timeshare representative and asking them directly for help in this matter. If you don't show up...Marriott cannot rent your timeshare week because you could show up two days before it ends and they would have a problem since you own the week. December should be an easy week for them (Marriott) to move. I also believe that St. Thomas is a 'deeded' week and does not fall under the 'shares' program that is the new Destinations Program so they need your permission to do something with the week.

Last chance hope.....you could bank it with Interval for future use at another property in the next two+ years.

I'm sorry I can't add more at this moment as I'm on Nantucket and short for time as we have pressing arrangements I have to leave for.

I will check back in on this feed Thursday after we return home to see if I can offer some more help.

robertl:

Final question...have you arranged (booked) 'specific' time for these weeks yet? 

robertl Platinum

I found nothing on the website and I call and write to the owner relations manager and he told me that I was on my own. No support whatsoever!!!

robertl:

I said I would look into this for you and here you go:

Go to your Vacation Club Owners website at https://www.my-vacationclub.com

Sign in. After logging in, scroll over 'Understanding Timeshare'. Click on 'Getting the most out of my Ownership'.

Scroll down the page to 'Marriott Vacation Club Rental Program'. Here you will find the process to rent your week through Marriott.

According to the rules, Marriott will offer your week(s) for you and pay you upon completion of the rental.

Good Luck and hope this helps!

robertl Platinum

I talk to them about their rental program and frankly it's a joke. They're offering peanuts. It's really insulting and they will make you an offer for the week they are absolutely sure to rent so they are not taking any risk they just rip you off. I never say that but if I could go back in time I would have never gone to the first presentation.

Sorry it won't work. I've never gone that route but it doesn't sound like that program is very good since you aren't getting any value. Hopefully you can deposit the weeks with Interval International and that will open a two year window extension for you to exchange into to another location. At least that way you won't lose the weeks without gtting at least something in return for them.

lone6star Platinum 3 Reviews

What would you charge for the last week of December this year to rent it out?  Also, how many bedrooms and baths are there?  Balcony?  What type of view?  More details you can provide the better.

robertl Platinum

I have 2 weeks to rent but not in December. I have a week that starts on Feb 23, 2013 and the following week on March 2, 2013. We have to select weeks a long time in advance. Occupancy rate is very high. we're asking $3,000 per week. You can rent one of both. If you're interested in both you could have them for $5,000. Marriott's Frenchman's Cove is by the sea. We have a 2 bedroom apt., with fully equipped kitchen, dining and living areas, 2 bathrooms, 2 balconies, oceanview. See for yourself on their website at www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/sttuv-marriotts-frenchmans-cove/ . I wasn't not a beach person but I fell in love with that piece of paradise.

lone6star Platinum 3 Reviews

looks nice, but i was interested in December.

klaus29 Silver

i know  nathing about  Marriott  timeschare.  but  i see  Marriott  weeks  for seld, and  for  rent  en  Ebay  UK.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...