12 Replies Latest reply: Aug 21, 2012 3:28 PM by GemPrincess RSS

Slow Point/Night Postings This Month?

ssindc Platinum 42 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Just checking - is it just me or is the posting of points and nights accumulated this month unusually slow?  I'm used to points and nights posting withing a couple of (or no more than a few) days.  But neither of my two most recent stays (both domestic, both large Marriott properties) have been posted yet this month.

I realize that, at some level, it doesn't matter.  I'll eventually get the points and nights (and, so long as the carryover program continues, I want credit for all of the nights).  But it's easier to keep track when they're posted relatively quickly....

Anyone else having a similar experience?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Slow Point/Night Postings This Month?
    jkernitzki Platinum 2 Reviews

Don't know if it's particularly slow, but I may actually be missing a night (the first in over 1,400). As it was a paid night followed by a reward night at the same property, so there may have been a little glitch.  In any case, I'll be filing a missing stay request over the weekend if it doesn't show up by COB tomorrow.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

iestrikesback Platinum 44 Reviews

I've had no problems with my last few recent stays.  2-3 days after check-out they're posted. 

GemPrincess Alumni Steward Platinum 17 Reviews

anything that occurred on a weekend is taking longer to post, maybe a couple of days, but the stays during the week are posted the next day.

madmax Gold 7 Reviews

I just contacted Marriott about this issue. I haven't had an update to my rewards activity since July. It was monthly then not even that much. I haven't had any hotel stays in that period but I have gained points from my credit card and additional nights toward elite status. I have had to call to find out just exactly how many points I have because I am waiting to redeem points for cash off a cruise I want to book over Cruisesonly.com.

There is definately something wrong that needs to be straightended as it has never taken me this long to get my points.

I am finding out from my Sky Mall experiene that its important to participate in a system that is nightly or every few days cause a lot can go wrong in these programs.  When they are daily or every few days and you don't see it you can follow up on it immediately, and usually its straightened out right away.

The programs that are every 6-8 weeks are difficult to monitor and follow up on.  Especially if your a frequent traveler with lots of transactions outstanding.

madmax Gold 7 Reviews

Very true! There is alot of info you can gather online, don't get me wrong, but I'm one that likes to know my balance at all times, even if it isn't for a night's stay. Every point can matter if you are looking at alot of different trips at the same time.

razorbackfan Alumni Steward Platinum 23 Reviews

Welcome to Marriott Insiders, madmax.  Have you ever booked a cruise through Cruisesonly.com?  We are thinking about booking a cash cruise through them.

madmax Gold 7 Reviews

no not yet razor. It sure would be great though to get a couple or three thousand off the price for the same cruise you would take anyway. I always have way too many points to use on just booking rooms. A long time ago I used points through a different system they had where you could purchase certain number of nights for so many points. We used the 7 night option to book an Hawaiian island hopper and got the most amazing vacation for our 20th anniversary. It included the flights between islands and the hotels. The JW Marriott Ko Olina is awesome! This new way of using points is a little more limited but since we were looking at a cruise anyway it seemed nice enough. If anyone has had experience with Cruisesonly I would like to hear about it as well.

I booked a cruise with Marriott points, back when you used your points directly to book the cruise.  Cruisesonly.com has reduced what they contribute toward the cruise.  All I paid for my HAL Baltic cruise was port taxes

lone6star Platinum 3 Reviews

I recently looked into doing this myself, but it's not worth it.  You burn too many MR points for a samll cash outlay (in my opinion).

I agree with you that now it does not make sense.

Use to be a real nice deal, and I met alot of other people cruising who used their Marriott points to book a cruise.  One person used their Marriott Vacation Timeshare, but I am not certain if they were able to swap the time for the cruise, or if it was all the points you get when you buy into a timeshare.

ssindc Platinum 42 Reviews

It now makes more sense.   Both of my stays (that still have not been posted) were at conference rates, booked through a conference planner.  I did not make the reservations through the Marriott web page.... I've mailed in the receipts - first time I've ever had to do that - now I'll get to see how long it takes...

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...