3 Replies Latest reply: Aug 21, 2012 5:34 PM by painedplatinum RSS

Beware of Marriott Courtyard if traveling to Rome

ralfino Member
Currently Being Moderated

If you are lodging near Rome airport beware of extra charges at the Marriott Courtyard.  They are now charging 6 euros per person for their shuttle to the airport, about 1 mile away.  Taxis are expensive from the Courtyard and they are not near a metro or train stop, so they really have you with this surcharge.  If you are staying there, add 24 euro for a couple to your room rate to cover your trip to and from the airport.  i suggest Holiday Inn in Parco di Medici or one of the Hilton properties.  They offer free shuttles and usually have equivalent room rates. 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Beware of Marriott Courtyard if traveling to Rome
    profchiara Alumni Steward Silver 3 Reviews

Having stayed there a few years back (a very problematic stay in every way), I would add my two cents: unless -- or even if -- your flight is early in the morning, stay in Rome the night before and get an early cab (or transfer). That's what I have always done since.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

pluto77 Alumni Steward Gold 25 Reviews

You can also take the Leonardo Express train from Termini to FCO.  It's only 14€ each way.  It is non-stop, which is nice.  But you'll need to check the time table each way.  I don't think the LE train runs before about 7am.  Cabs are a flat rate of 48€ now. So if you're three or more, a cab is the best bet.  Otherwise for 1 or 2, the train could be more economical.

painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews

Thanks for all the tips.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...