4 Replies Latest reply: Aug 15, 2012 6:02 PM by tef6178 RSS

J.W. Indianapolis!

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Want to thank all that recommended this wonderful hotel.  Stayed this past Sunday night and it was pretty spectacular.  Stayed on the 31st floor (Concierge level) facing the river and the room was very peaceful.  Requested a tub, and the king size bed was fantastic.  The CL was one of the largest and most professional as I have experienced.  The staff was friendly in all parts of the hotel.  I want to put in a good word for the bellman (Don't recall his name), who made my day.  As I was loading up the car, he asked, "Would you like to take a bag of ice?".  Have never had any hotel ask me that before, but I was given the ice, put it in my cooler, and it kept everything cold till I got back to St. Louis, four hours later.

Again, this is a special property only four blocks from one of my favorite steak houses, St. Elmo's.  Had a great meal there Sunday night.  The famous shrimp cocktail, bean soup, bone-in rib-eye, were all fantastic.  The walk back to the hotel was welcomed after a nice meal.

Thanks to all the MI who recommended this great place.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Indianapolis, Indiana, USA JW Marriott JW Marriott Indianapolis
  • Re: J.W. Indianapolis!
    razorbackfan Alumni Steward Platinum 23 Reviews

Jerry, glad to hear you had a spectacular stay.  It sounds like a wonderful place.  Thanks for the review.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews

Hi Jerry:

Yes, this is a spectacular property! Stayed there for the Indy 500 and the service was outstanding with greeters offering champagne and hors d'oevres in the lobby as we arrived. Glad to hear that St. Elmo's is on your restaurant list too when there. What a fantastic dining spot! We always go there when in Indy.

Glad you enjoyed the stay!

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

tef,

Thank-you for suggesting this property!

I don't recall having a better King bed, nor better CL anywhere else.  This place is modern, and the location is hard to beat.  Thanks to St. Elmo's late night dining, it saved me from hearing a rock concert at the  concert park, next door.  It was a "Punk Rock", type of show and I was glad I missed the show!

Tef, this would really be the place to stay if one goes to the 500!  The FF, and SHS are right next door, if one is on a budget.

tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews

I'm glad you enjoyed it also. Helps to validate how good it is. Yes, it IS the spot to stay. A lot of the racing teams stay there for the 500 too.

I think there's also a Courtyard in this complex along with the JW, FFI and SHS there if I remember correctly. It's quite a place!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...