7 Replies Latest reply: Aug 16, 2012 11:28 AM by californian RSS

San Diego Marriott Marquis & Marina

iestrikesback Platinum 44 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Just completed a quick 1-night stay at the subject property for my daughter's birthday.  We've stayed at several Marriott properties in the San Diego area, but this was our first time here.  First of all, the location is fantastic.  Walking distance to the Convention Center, Petco Park, the Gaslamp District and several good restaurants.  We did the self-parking, which was quite a hike for us to the check-in area.  There's very limited indoor parking with most of it being outside, in the back of the adjacent Convention Center.  In the future, I might consider spending the extra $10 for valet parking, for the convenience.  Elites have their own check-in desk, and that process was fast and efficient.  Nice touches are the Concierge Lounge info card, and the "Elite appreciation" card presented at check-in, which specifies other benefits such as 10% off Gift Shop, 20% off Pool Cabana Rental, 20% off Shoe Shine, 15% off 1 Starbucks Drink and one Complimentary Dessert at Marina Kitchen.  Room:  we were upgraded to a big "Bay View" room on the Concierge Level in the South Tower (24th floor).  Very nice, with an outstanding view.  Concierge Lounge:  This is how a CL should be!  Huge, great bay view, lots of tables/chairs, 4 computers for guest use.  Well-staffed, good food selection.  Of particular note, was the Haagen-Dazs "Ice Cream Bar" for dessert!  I'm not sure if there's a separate CL in the North Tower...maybe another Insider knows!    In summary, this will be our hotel of choice when in the area!   A couple restaurant recommendations within walking distance:  Lotus Thai and Chocolat for killer gelato!         

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
San Diego, California, USA Marriott Hotels & Resorts Marriott Marquis San Diego Marina
  • Re: San Diego Marriott Marquis & Marina
    nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

ies -- this sounds great...like a Marriott stay ought to be.  I, too, will stay at this Marriott when I am in San Diego area.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews

iestrikesback:

thanks for the report! This place is now on my 'must stay' list when in SD!

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

les,

This is one of my favorite properties, and they really know how to take care of people.

P1010181.JPG

A view from the balcony.

P1010184.JPG

A view toward town.

P1010188.JPG

Wonderful property.

razorbackfan Alumni Steward Platinum 23 Reviews

ie, thanks for sharing such a great review.  If hotels realized how much potential business a review like this creates, maybe they would all improve their service.

jerry, thanks for the pictures.

I hope to return to San Diego some day and this will be my hotel of choice.

iestrikesback Platinum 44 Reviews

Thanks for posting the pics, Jerry.  We saw probably a half dozen or so different Navy ships moving in and out of the Bay from our room.  Razor, thanks for the kind words! 

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

Thanks to all on sharing information on this great hotel.  The dining, meeting rooms, and pool area are really top notch!  Here are a few pictures you also may enjoy.

P1010177.JPG

P1010171.JPG

Ice Carving is beautiful!

P1010185.JPG

San Diego Padres ballpark as seen from Marina room!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...