7 Replies Latest reply: May 14, 2016 3:01 PM by rinny54 RSS

Park City, Utah/ Summit Watch or Mountainside?

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Going over Halloween, don't ski, just want a king/fireplace and someplace comfortable.  Will have car and would appreciate any MI recommendations! Will be there one week.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Park City, Utah, USA Marriott Hotels & Resorts Park City Marriott
  • Re: Park City, Utah/ Summit Watch or Mountainside?
    californian Platinum 37 Reviews

Summit Watch is on Main street and you can walk around the very small town.  Mountainside is a little newer and a few blocks from Main Street and depending on weather might have to drive to get places.  During the summer they have free bus transportation but it probably ends around Labor Day.  There are a lot of day trips that can be enjoyable but again, I am not sure what kind of weather will be at thet time. 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Californian,

Thanks so much for your prompt response.  They are the same price during this period.  Would one be "Quieter" than the other?

Likewise, would I really even need a car, if all I am going to see is Park City and Downtown SLC (One Day)?  With the "Day trips", it might be better to forget the car and just use a shuttle.

I have stayed at both and think that Mountainside is quieter.  Summit Watch is on Main street and you can hear cars till late and there is or was a nightclub below some of the units from which noise is till late.  I would check on the shuttles but even if they do run, it is just in Park City.  You would need a car to go to SLC which is only about 30 min away.  The resort has run day trips for a good price but again, I have been there in summer and not sure about fall.  I would check with the activities dept to find out.

I have always had a car but they are soooo expensive now.

Suggested day trips:  drive through beautiful country to Mirror lake, Robert Redford's Ranch (Sundance), Rainbow falls, if you are up to a good climb up a hill, Timpanogos cavern, etc.  Again, I am not sure about the weather and how much of this is open.  I went late June once and there was still snow around Mirror Lake.  One time, I drove to Dinosaur National Monument which is a long drive but do able in a day.  Much to do in SLC and if you choose go beyond and see the Great Salt Lake.

Enjoy!

californian,

Thanks again for some valuable information.  Will check-out the car rental rates and get this one booked.  Am leaning toward the Mountainside location, since I  will have a car.

Appreciate your suggestions on, "Other things to see", they look like real fun.

The walk between the resorts is only a few blocks.  I really had some good times in Park City and the area.  I hope that you do too.  Report back!

californian,

Will do!  Am at the RI in Holland, MI now, and enjoying a Lake Michigan week-end!  Will have a report soon, but they are "Spoiling" me here.  Yesterday, was a nasty day, with rain and 56 degree temps. 

Again, thanks for the Park City advice, will get it booked soon.

Have a great "California" day!

rinny54 Platinum 1 Reviews

Going this summer.  does anyone have anything new to add?? Staying at Summit Watch.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...