7 Replies Latest reply: Sep 27, 2012 2:33 PM by profchiara RSS

Cat 4,5 certificates

profchiara Alumni Steward Silver 3 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I know this has been discussed before but since it has resurfaced, I'd like to offer a suggestion.  Why can't we combine out certs (whether through promos or Chase cards) and add up the categories to make 1 night at a Cat 7 or 2 at a Cat 6.  There is no longer any reason for me to follow promotions or try to use my free Chase night.  I can't.MR

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Cat 4,5 certificates
    lone6star Platinum 3 Reviews

Good recommendation!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

vivsnee Gold 2 Reviews

I agree why can't they let us combine the 4 and 5 certificates ?  Frequently, the cat. 4 is no where near what we are going to desire to stay even it if we use them and lose some points at least let us stay at a Cat 7 .  Most of us don't go to Cat 4 we got the certificates by going to at least a Cat 6 hotal.

tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews

Would think this would be an easy deal for Marriott to implement (using two certificates for a stay at a better property), but....those ivory tower beancounters will have to run analysis on analysis on analysis on....well, you get my drift.

Good luck with that.......

profchiara Alumni Steward Silver 3 Reviews

You would think!  Since many of us (as my recent experiences have proven) can't use even Cat 5 certificate much of the time, why not allow us to accumulate certs as either promotions of Chase Rewards over a 2 year period then split them up for free hotels as we choose.  I assume Chase is paying a tidy sum for Marriott's business -- Amex certainly is for Delta.

lone6star Platinum 3 Reviews

Sound reasonable to me!

NathalieF Community Manager Marriott Associate

The community is certainly chock-full of good ideas, so while there may be business or financial realities that delay or sometimes prevent seemingly simple suggestions, I can promise your feedback and suggestions are seen. I've scheduled some time to review a number of suggestions like this and will report back as appropriate.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...