2 Replies Latest reply: Aug 6, 2012 6:34 PM by g650 RSS

Montreal question

razorbackfan Alumni Steward Platinum 23 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

We are thinking about a trip to Montreal sometime this fall.  We would probably stay a week.  I read the posts on MI that were written a year or so ago.  Do you have any more (or more current) recommendations for lodging, dining, activities, transportation, etc.?  Would you fly directly into Montreal or a nearby US city?  As always, thanks for the help.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Montreal, Quebec, Canada Marriott Hotels & Resorts The Ritz-Carlton Bal Harbour, Miami
Montreal (Vieux Montreal), Quebec, Canada SpringHill Suites By Marriott Atlantis, Coral Towers, Autograph Collection
  • Re: Montreal question
    erc Platinum

We just returned from a lovely trip to Montreal staying at the Chateau Champlain, which is right near the Bell Centre (formerly Molson) where the Canadiens play (and concerts). Flew into Montreal, cab $40 plus tip to downtown, on return there is a very easy to use bus (the Montreal transit buses) shuttle one block up on Levesque for $8 a piece, a good savings. We walked all over from the hotel; Mont Royal,McGill U., Old Town, Beaux Arts, and downtown, etc. We took the metro/subway out to the botanical gardens and olympic village (a station is right below the Marriott - easy). Dined all about, trying all different stuff (a culinary term!). Some of our favorites were Bistro Duo D (easy walk) owned and operated by husband wife 'duo', and Jardin Nelson in Old Town (lovely interior and nice patio dining where we had the tasty Pouding Chomeur, a pudding,ice cream, maple syrup dessert, you will need to walk after this caloric delight) and enjoyed 3 Brasseurs downtown (where we tried the Canadian comfort food poutine - fries, gravy, and cheese curds, much better than it may sound, along with some freshly brewed drafts).  Be sure to look for festivals along St.Catherine's. The Residence Inn a few blocks up the street (Peel) from the Champlain, has a 23rd floor terrace which is a nice place to sit for awhile and take in the view. The Champlain has an excellent gym, a good pool, and a nice concierge lounge (breakfast buffet for plats on weekends at restaurant lobby level), very personable staff, and very friendly bilingual folks all about town. Ask for a view facing Levesque Street (looking toward Mont Royal) for a relaxing look at the city (day and night) and parks. Have fun

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Montreal question
    g650 Platinum

Completely agree with erc. I have stayed at all Montreal Marriott properties and the Chateau Champlain is the best in view, breakfast, service and location. Ask for the highest room possible. I prefer North facing for the Mount and parks below. Definitely avoid the Residence on Peel for room quality. I had an upgrade and it was one of the worst rooms I have seen at a Marriott prop.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...