2 Replies Latest reply: Aug 7, 2012 4:13 PM by NathalieF RSS

Elite Status Question

welshie Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Hi Guys, and thanks for reading, I recently booked 6 rooms all for 3 nights each at the Marriott in Montreal, upon leaving they girl at checkout sid i could only claim for 3 rooms, but also said she would give me a temp card with the other 3 rooms on and that i could transfer this to my Silver Elite account and this would almost push me to gold status

Does anyone know how i can go about doing this, i've tried online but cant seem to find a way to do it!

thanks guys!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Elite Status Question
    tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews

I'm not quite sure what the associate did in this instance. I assume that she opened another Marriott Rewards account in your name. I applaud her for trying to get you credit for the nights, but Marriott Rewards has a rule against duplicate accounts. That can be seen here:

https://www.marriott.com/rewards/terms/default.mi      (click on duplicate accounts)

Now, if the account was opened in your spouses name the points earned could be transferred to your account, but, there are rules regarding transfer of points and I do not see how the credit for the nights can be done. The info on points transfer between accounts is here:

http://www.marriott.com/rewards/terms/earning.mi    (scroll down to 'Transferring Points from One Account to Another')

Hope this helps a bit, but you might call customer service and see if the associate has made available for you that we might not know about.

Good luck and let us know how you make out with all this!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Elite Status Question
    NathalieF Community Manager Marriott Associate

It sounds like the front desk associate was trying to be helpful.  Unfortunately, it looks like she gave you a bit of incorrect information.  Like tef6178 said, if she put it in your spouse's name or someone else's name, the points could be combined down the road for redemption purposes. However, if the second account is in your name it will be merged with your first account.  The other set of 3 rooms will attempt to move over during the merger, but will be purged because it will be viewed as a duplicate stay.  It will see that you've already received the maximum amount for that stay, and the other 3 rooms wouldn't count.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...