9 Replies Latest reply: Aug 7, 2012 5:55 PM by lone6star RSS

Marriott Rewards - Staffing issues?

hodgest Gold
Currently Being Moderated

How long does it take to speak to someone?  I have been on hold for 43 minutes - seriously.

Trying to redeem an e-certificate and the reservations team transferred me to the Rewards Division.....waiting.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Marriott Rewards - Staffing issues?
    shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

I find that sunday evening is one of the worst times to call.  likely, lo staffing.  I would call during regular business hours...........

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

californian Platinum 37 Reviews

I thought the Rewards people were only in M-F, something like 9 - 5.  If this is right, maybe no one is there.  I have waited a long time week days too.

GemPrincess Alumni Steward Platinum 17 Reviews

Wish we could do it all online ourselves

tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews

hodgest (and all):

You can redeem your e-certificate online. The e-certificates should be showing on your Activity Page on marriott.com.

Book your reservation using Marriott Rewards Points. The system will tell you how many points are required for this stay per night. When you get to the part where you process the stay (I think the third screen) a block is shown (that is already checked) that says you have an e-certificate you can use for this stay. When you complete the reservation it shows e-certificate and 0 points.

Hope this helps!

GemPrincess Alumni Steward Platinum 17 Reviews

Thanx for the tip!

Will definately try to do this next time and see how it works.

tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews

To all:

More info on this....

If you go to your Activity Page on marriott.com look next to 'Unused Reward Certificates'

There is a new listing that opens a pop up window that says 'How to use Reward Certificates'.

lone6star Platinum 3 Reviews

Great lead, as i will be looking for my free annual night certificate soon!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...