6 Replies Latest reply: Aug 4, 2012 1:20 PM by jkernitzki RSS

Promotion Issues

profchiara Alumni Steward Silver 3 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Since the previous thread was closed, I'm starting a new one.  I just checked once again and this is what I got.  Why should I have to call constantly, whether it be to get points rightly earned but wrongly posted, or to get my promotion?  In this day and age, and to the degree Marriott is email and facebook oriented, I cannot understand why I always get messages like what follows. BTW, none of the preconditions were true.

ProfChiara

We’re sorry, but there was an error in directing you to this promotion.

The reason for this error could be:

• You’re trying to access a miles promotion and are a points-earner, or vice versa
  • You are not eligible for this promotion
  • This promotion has expired

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Promotion Issues
    NathalieF Community Manager Marriott Associate

The cash + points thread was closed but the MegaBonus comments were already branched to a new thread, http://www.rewards-insiders.marriott.com/message/58041#58041. I'll look into it for you. When you went to the MegaBonus page and saw the error, were you signed in there in the account box in the right corner? Alternatively you could sign into MyAccount and go to promotion Central. Hope that helps, safe travels!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

profchiara Alumni Steward Silver 3 Reviews

Hi Andy,

Yes, I was -- because it times out frequently, I had to re-sign in and was definitely there. I get this every time with a promotion. I used to be told it was because I was Platinum or Platinum Premier, but I like having control over my promotions (and knowing if they're really happening).

lone6star Platinum 3 Reviews

There are several places to click on to get to the MegaBonus link.  I am just surprised I never received an e-mail on it.

tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews

prof:

I actually stumbled onto this promtion when I visited my 'Promotions' page in my profile. I never got any e-mail on it. I also had to click the 'register' button to be in the promotion. That hasn't happened in a while. I'm usually pre-registered when I check the promo page.

californian Platinum 37 Reviews

Mine still doesn't show.  I have not had a place to click on.  Only when I called was I told that I not only was offered a promotion but was already registered.  What is happening?

jkernitzki Platinum 2 Reviews

I was able to register, but as seems to be the case, had I not poked my head in here I would likely never have noticed that there was even a promo out there.  I seem to remember being auto-enrolled for these.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...