5 Replies Latest reply: Aug 3, 2012 6:25 PM by GemPrincess RSS

US Florida Beach Recommendation

fizzbang Platinum 2 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Hi - I am wondering if my American Friends can help me - my daughter and I are looking to visit the US for a beach holiday just to blob out - however we need spa and shopping too.  Can anyone recommend the best Marriot Resort Vacation Club for me in Florida - we are not interested in Orlando.

Although we like peace and quiet generally we would like something to do so don't want to be too remote.

Thank you

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Florida, USA
  • Re: US Florida Beach Recommendation
    californian Platinum 37 Reviews

Ft Lauderdale is across from the beach.  Limited shopping and the Marriott Harbor Beach is close and has a spa.

Palm Beach is on the ocean.  Shopping is a way off but there.  Not sure of Spa.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews

If you want a beach, spa, shopping and accomodations at a Vacation Club location in Florida then The Ft Lauderdale Vacation Club (Marriott BeachPlace Towers) is the place. The beach is right there and the Aventura Mall www.aventuramall.com (the third largest shopping mall in the United States) and the Bal Harbor shops www.balharbourshops.com (very upscale and some great restaurants) are both close by if you have a car. The spa, as Californian said, is close by in another Marriott location.

Happy Travels!

GemPrincess Alumni Steward Platinum 17 Reviews

How about Miami Beach - South Beach area which is internationally known besides being popular domestically?

The Eden Roc is a wonderful property in Miami Beach and a short walk along the beach to South Beach.

Its a beautiful property with great public rooms, spa, pool with poolside restaurant and spa services, on the boardwalk and beach.

You can walk for miles along the beach, or just watch it all from the pool and poolside restaurant, depending on your tastes.

I loved watching all the families that walk the board walk to their weekly religious services, or holiday services, and then congregate along the board walk afterwards to socialize.

Below are some links to other threads discussing options.

http://www.rewards-insiders.marriott.com/thread/10591

https://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/miasr-eden-roc-renaissance-miami-beach/

http://www.rewards-insiders.marriott.com/message/57968/edit

travelmavenflorida Silver 5 Reviews

Naples, Florida is beautiful.  It's designed to look like Naples, Italy but without all the crime.  Beautiful Ritz Carlton there with great food and a location right on the beach.  Golf courses everywhere as well.  Miami Beach is a super location, too.  Just stayed at the Eden Roc Renaissance and loved the beach, very nice even in summer and the hotel has 3 or 4 great pools and spa.  There is boating, nightlife, shopping, all you could want right there on Miami Beach.  Okay, I'm a little bit prejudiced since I used to live in Miami, but I know the place well and it's really delightful to visit.  I'd wait until at least September or October to visit, though.  Florida can be really hot and humid in the summer.  Hurricane season ends in November. 

GemPrincess Alumni Steward Platinum 17 Reviews

My relatives use to own a place in Naples and they loved it, though I never visited with them.

Have stayed several times at Eden Roc and really enjoyed not only the property, but its proximity to South Beach, the lovely boardwalk and beach.

The Caribbean Islands I have been to by cruise ship, and have always wanted to go back and spend more time are Curacao and St. Kitts.  They both have Marriotts that look very nice, but unfortunately I have not had the time to try these properties.  There have been several threads discussing the Curacao properties as I believe other MI are thinking of going there.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...