9 Replies Latest reply: Aug 12, 2012 9:30 PM by GemPrincess RSS

Niagara Falls!

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Where is the best place to stay at Niagara Falls?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Niagara Falls, New York, USA
  • Re: Niagara Falls!
    erc Platinum

Jerry, Here's the view from my room (we're not the photo pros like you are) at the Marriott Fallsview (not to be confused with Marriott Gateway). It was terrific and we had a great time, excellent staff, nice concierge lounge (with wonderful view). Gateway was across the street and looked very nice also ( Gateway had a terrace, where we went outside and sat for a while). We were able to walk all around town from our hotel. You probably can't go wrong with either one, but Fallsview was a blast.  Enjoy.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

iestrikesback Platinum 44 Reviews

Jerry, I concur with erc.  Great hotel, location, view.  They also gave us each breakfast buffet vouchers during our weekend stay.  This one's a no-brainer! 

californian Platinum 37 Reviews

I stayed at the Marriott Fallsview a couple of years ago.  I agree with all the comments.  I had a wonderful view however, the window collected moisture on the outside in the evening and the view was not that great after dark.  I walked to everything that I wanted including crossing into the US.  If you intend to do so you will need a passport.  The view is best from Canada but there are many things to do on the US side.  They gave me breakfast coupons too.

I paid for the high floor view room.  I wanted it and did not want to be disappointed if I didn't get upgraded to it.

erc, and lesstrikesback and californian,

Thank-you so much!

Am going to a wedding in Cleveland and then driving up to Niagara Falls.  Have been a few times, but could not remember where to stay.

Thanks again!

Jerry

razorbackfan Alumni Steward Platinum 23 Reviews

Jerry, we also enjoyed a stay at the Fallsview Marriott last October.  Be sure and check their rates after you make your reservation because they went down several times prior to our arrival.

razoebackfan,

Thanks, that is great information!  Will do it.  Likewise booked a room with a fireplace, should be fun.

razorbackfan Alumni Steward Platinum 23 Reviews

P. S. A trip to Niagara-on-the-Lake was a wonderful way to spend a day.  If you do a search for Niagara Falls, you will find reviews and pictures that I posted after our trip.

Thanks razorback!

Will take your advice and enjoy the Lake

GemPrincess Alumni Steward Platinum 17 Reviews

I really like the Marriott Fallsview as I could actually see the falls from my room so falls into the category of  a room with a view that qualifies as sightseeing.  A few ther properties in this category that come to mind are County Hall (Big Ben), Residence Inn on Avenue of the Americas in NYC (Empire State Building or Bryant Park), Marriott Marquies (Times Square), Financial Center (Statue of Liberty), etc.  Its is great when you are dead tired and feel like you can not go another step to be able to look out the window at the sites and not feel guilty about not being out there seeing more things.

Since Niagara Falls was drivable from MI, we spent many summers there as kids, and later in life it was the drive path of the shortest distance between MI and New England.  My all time favorite activity is the Maid of the Mist.  There is just nothing like it.

My cousin liked it so much, that he filmed the wedding scene from the office on the Maid of the Mist.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...