1 Reply Latest reply: Aug 4, 2012 3:41 PM by razorbackfan RSS

New Orleans Marriott Metarie

jkernitzki Platinum 2 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Headed back to NOLA for a couple more client visits this year, and one of them is more to the north (lake side) than my usual, which tend to be much closer to the river. I'm liking what I see about the New Orleans Marriott Metarie (rates, amenities, PARKING!), but was wondering if any Insiders can give an honest review of the property, particularly as compared to the downtown properties (most of which I've stayed at one time or another).

Proximity to downtown isn't necessarily an issue, as whether or not I make it into the Quarter isn't critical to me, and may actually force me to find some new haunts.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
New Orleans, LA
  • Re: New Orleans Marriott Metarie
    razorbackfan Alumni Steward Platinum 23 Reviews
    Currently Being Moderated

Hi J,

We enjoy staying at this hotel if we are not going to an event at the Super Dome or New Orleans Arena.  We are usually upgraded at this hotel.  I love getting a room where I can see downtown and across the lake.  Breakfast has always been complimentary for Platinums.  It is average at best, but I hate to criticize a freebie.  Parking is complimentary on the week-end for platinums.  Our last stay was during the week so we were able to take advantage of the Concierge Lounge for appetizers in the evening and breakfast the next morning before we headed to the airport.  The CL is a small room, but was never too crowded. The concierge desk and the adult beverage table are located in the reception area (an area larger than the lounge itself).  In a city known for its food, the offerings are average at best.

If you do need to go to the Quarter or Central Business District (CBD), it's really only a short drive away.  A huge mall is only a few blocks away.  There are lots of restaurants in the area.  If you need to go to the north shore of the lake, you couldn't pick a better location unless you stay on the north shore.

We've stayed at most of the hotels in the area (full service and others) and have had good stays at all of them.  Parking at the hotels near the Quarter or Convention Center usually runs $30+, so that is a consideration especially if we are staying several days.

Let me know if I can answer any specific questions.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...